August Updated Tropical Weather Forecast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time believing anything the news say? The hurricane coverage is a welcome change to Covid news, but I just don't trust anything they say anymore. I put more faith in our TBH weather guys than the 6 o'clock news.
    Yes sir that's why I'm on here

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you to all of the guys that take time to give good quality updates on this thread. I really appreciate it. It is 100% my go to when storms enter the gulf.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        The surge at Sabine Pass was recorded at 15.7'. I think the highest recorded was 22' somewhere in Galveston Bay/Bolivar area.
        Trinity bay, I live about 1/2 mile inland from it and it was level with the bank and over I-10 old and lost river bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
          Appreciate it, Ike put about 3' of water in my parents house in Orange County.
          I know the feeling, just over the counter tops in Ike and the house was 6 months old, no flood insurance either. Flooded again in Harvey, about 6". We will just rebuild again if we get damage.

Comment

I know the feeling, just over the counter tops in Ike and the house was 6 months old, no flood insurance either. Flooded again in Harvey, about 6". We will just rebuild again if we get damage.
            you may be expected to elevate on a third one.

Comment

That makes my gut hurt just thinking about it, prayers for all of you down that way. I am getting all my flood/dry out tools ready as we speak just in case. My thoughts are if I get everything ready and organized.....then maybe it want flood out.......kind of like taking a net bass fishing.........

Again, praying for all.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                Tommyh, what's it looking like forecast wise for the Katy area?

Rwc

Comment

Just posted. A big shift west. It's like another Ike path.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-25 085746.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	24628646

Comment

I did a lot of picking up and tying down at the farm last night. Gonna do more today after I get my office in Humble squared away. We will be prepared, but sure gonna be asking the Lord for protection and guidance on this one. Last major 'cane we rode out, we were in Kingwood. Never had one come right at me out here on the Prairie... The eye of Ike went right over my house in Kingwood and it was no fun! If Laura comes in similar to Ike or worse yet, just West of where Ike came ashore, there will be some serious devastation in the greater Houston area. I don't know what to expect out here in the wide open spaces of the Prairie... No trees to hit my house like they did during Ike, but nothing to break the wind either...

Johnny/ccbluewater, THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRICELESS ASSISTANCE WITH TRACKING AND UPDATING THESE STORMS!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      I did a lot of picking up and tying down at the farm last night. Gonna do more today after I get my office in Humble squared away. We will be prepared, but sure gonna be asking the Lord for protection and guidance on this one. Last major 'cane we rode out, we were in Kingwood. Never had one come right at me out here on the Prairie... The eye of Ike went right over my house in Kingwood and it was no fun! If Laura comes in similar to Ike or worse yet, just West of where Ike came ashore, there will be some serious devastation in the greater Houston area. I don't know what to expect out here in the wide open spaces of the Prairie... No trees to hit my house like they did during Ike, but nothing to break the wind either...

Johnny/ccbluewater, THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRICELESS ASSISTANCE WITH TRACKING AND UPDATING THESE STORMS!!

Are you talking Tarkington Prairie?

Comment

Latest report from a refinery on the gulf. Track has moved to the Beaumont area already. Praying Houston stays on the west side of the storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes, thank you to the TBH weather gurus... I have not turned the tv on yet and I feel I am in the undramatized know. But one question... how come it’s the Euro model that we follow... what do the Europeans know about these storms that we can’t figure out. Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                            I was hoping that would be in play but since we didn't have flood insurance for Ike, I only have 1 claim on the policy. Those in my neighborhood that had a second claim didn't qualify in the last program.

Comment

Is there anyway we can get Oklahoma from sucking so hard for just 1 or 2 days?

This routine is getting old!

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                                Yes, thank you to the TBH weather gurus... I have not turned the tv on yet and I feel I am in the undramatized know. But one question... how come it’s the Euro model that we follow... what do the Europeans know about these storms that we can’t figure out. Asking for a friend.

It's their culture to run from a fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X