Can Am or Ranger ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by byler11 View Post
    I will agree with bloodtrailer28. My uncle has a fairly new polaris ranger crew 1000. This machine is a garage queen for the most part but he does use it around the farm for normal stuff but nothing crazy.

Since his ownership he has been through 4 wiring harnesses for the shiftier. Still to this day after being a the dealerships for all 4 times it still doesn't work right. He has to turn the machine on/off every time he wants to switch gears. Also have buddies with rangers for duck hunting and they are always going through axles. My vote for CanAm
    We have a 2019 crew XP, there is a recall service maintenance from Polaris themselves, ours has been in the shop for 9 weeks, Polaris hasn’t even manufactured the new part for it yet, it’s the clutch, can’t shift at all and it will lunge forward/reverse when your in that gear. We’ve had 3 rangers and tired of the cv boots going out, other small problems as well, going with a CanAm as soon as possible.

Comment

Love my Can Am. Wouldn’t trade it for a Ranger

Comment

I picked up a new canam hd8 yesterday, I’m liking it so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
          I picked up a new canam hd8 yesterday, I’m liking it so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          You sir, made the correct decision, enjoy your new ride!

Comment

I went with the XP 1000 Texas Edition and added some accessories. I’m really pleased with it. Looked at the higher end can and
            Models as well. Both a good buggies and don’t think you can go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
              I went with the XP 1000 Texas Edition and added some accessories. I’m really pleased with it. Looked at the higher end can and
              Models as well. Both a good buggies and don’t think you can go wrong with either.

Looks good, what tires are those? I left the factories on mine for now.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                Looks good, what tires are those? I left the factories on mine for now.

30” Moto Hammer. They are 8 ply, ride good, and have the right amount of tread for what I need.

Comment

I like my Ranger.

Comment

Well I’ve got my first Can Am complaint. Worked my Can Am hard this weekend I’m extremely dusty conditions dragging cedars and brush. It worked hard all day yesterday and a lot of the day Friday. Yesterday right as I go to finish up and park it it wouldn’t fuel anymore. It would idle decent, but any throttle applied resulted in it bogging down or absolutely no response. Couldn’t move it. Got it loaded up this morning with a come along, and started down some research. It seems like the in tank fuel screen is clogged up. Should be a relatively quick and cheap fix, but kind of annoying. The conditions were extremely dusty and the dirt was that real fine dust that gets into everything. Can’t be too mad at it as long as that’s what truly is the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                      30” Moto Hammer. They are 8 ply, ride good, and have the right amount of tread for what I need.

Do you have a lift or 30’s clear at factory height?

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                        Well I’ve got my first Can Am complaint. Worked my Can Am hard this weekend I’m extremely dusty conditions dragging cedars and brush. It worked hard all day yesterday and a lot of the day Friday. Yesterday right as I go to finish up and park it it wouldn’t fuel anymore. It would idle decent, but any throttle applied resulted in it bogging down or absolutely no response. Couldn’t move it. Got it loaded up this morning with a come along, and started down some research. It seems like the in tank fuel screen is clogged up. Should be a relatively quick and cheap fix, but kind of annoying. The conditions were extremely dusty and the dirt was that real fine dust that gets into everything. Can’t be too mad at it as long as that’s what truly is the cause.
                        Bummer it sucks when machinery lets us down. You think dust got in your fuel?

Comment

Do you have a lift or 30’s clear at factory height?

When I bought it I did not have a lift and the 30’s cleared fine. In the picture the buggy does have a 3” lift that I installed.

Comment

Bummer it sucks when machinery lets us down. You think dust got in your fuel?
                            That’s my thoughts. The breather tube for the fuel tank will allow small amounts of really fine dust into the tank. The in tank filter will stop it, but enough of it can clog the filter. There’s a few instances I’ve found of this happening, and my symptoms match it to a T including the conditions. When time allows this week I’ll pull the pump and filter and check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              That’s my thoughts. The breather tube for the fuel tank will allow small amounts of really fine dust into the tank. The in tank filter will stop it, but enough of it can clog the filter. There’s a few instances I’ve found of this happening, and my symptoms match it to a T including the conditions. When time allows this week I’ll pull the pump and filter and check it out.
                              Gotcha, other than having to pull the tank should be a pretty easy fix.

Comment

Thanks for all the input as I found it very helpful in my decision. Just to follow up I did go ahead and order a Can Am HD10. It will likely be mid to late October before it comes in. I didn't tell the wife and kids. Thought I would surprise them. Hope I am not sending out a prayer request in a couple of months!

Comment

Working...
                                X