Storing Ratchet Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing Ratchet Straps

Looking for ways to store ratchet straps so they are not a tangled mess when needed. Mine always end up in a mess in the bed of the truck.

Roll the straps in a nice ball around the end hook and zip tie them
    I keep a plastic milk crate in my truck to hold all bungee straps and ratchet straps

Comment

Roll up individually and store in a small tool box that fits under my back seat. I got about 6 small straps and some bungees in the box. Large straps are stored rolled up and under the seat by themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
        Roll the straps in a nice ball around the end hook and zip tie them
        This

Comment

I roll mine up and then I cut up an old bicycle tire innertube diagonally to make heavy duty rubber bands.

Use the rubber bands to go around the rolled up ratchet strap to keep it from coming undone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Roll them up in individual ziplock bags

Comment

I use Velcro for both the ratchet and the strap. Now, if I could figure something out for them dang bungees.

Comment

Originally posted by crxshooter View Post
                I use Velcro for both the ratchet and the strap. Now, if I could figure something out for them dang bungees.
                I use a piece of 4” PVC pipe about 16” long for bungees. I stretch the bungees through the inside of the pipe and hook on each end. Longer ones get a full wrap.

Comment

Rolled up and stored in a 5 gallon bucket with a screw on lid that locks.

Comment

Originally posted by crxshooter View Post
                    My husband always says if he has to jump out of an airplane, he wants a bungee cord because it's guaranteed to hang up on something!

Comment

Take the strap out of the ratchet- roll them up and Zip tie them! If they ever get wet , hang them and dry them out before storage!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                        My husband always says if he has to jump out of an airplane, he wants a bungee cord because it's guaranteed to hang up on something!
                        I think I would choose Jumper cables instead

Comment

U tube got lots of ways

Comment

I roll mine up and use one of those bungees with the ball on the end.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                              I roll mine up and then I cut up an old bicycle tire innertube diagonally to make heavy duty rubber bands.

Use the rubber bands to go around the rolled up ratchet strap to keep it from coming undone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The big rubber bands are a great idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X