Black Bear sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Bear sighting

Y'all ain't gonna believe what I saw today!! I was coming home from a funeral in College Station and just before I got to Navasota there was a dead Black Bear on the side of the road. I should have stopped and took a picture with it. I had a minister with me who could confirm.

I know there's been sightings in East Texas and near Del Rio, but never expected one this far in.

No, this is not an April Fools Joke. Didn't realize it was April Fools Day until tonight. Been a long day traveling and funeral.

Tough call on that one

Comment

I've seen some huge black hogs dead on the roadside that made me look twice.

Comment

That is terrible news. Nothing more than a giant destructive coon.

Comment

Quite possible with migration from La westward. Still morelikely a hog

Comment

I’m not buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No, i saw a bear head and claws. Me and my passenger both couldn't believe it.

Comment

Watch out...Bears are the new Hog... and remember, it all started on April Fools Day

Comment

I’m not saying you didn’t see one... but if there was a dead black bear on the side of Hwy 6 it would be all over the web

Comment

First thought is it fell out of someone's truck. 2nd thought was somebody was playing a practical joke.

But I'm positive of what I saw. If I can spoke an expired registration sticker in a moving vehicle, I'm pretty sure I can make out dead animals still intact. I saw it coming so I slowed down to see what it was as I always do with other animals. My wife hates when I do that to name the animal or guess it's approximate weight.

Comment

Well, its the first of april, anything can happen . . .

Comment

I'm trying to get my cousin to go check it out.... i knew I should have went back and should have posted this tomorrow

Comment

In for the joke ending, your disappointment when your cousin calls you back,or no more post on this thread.

Comment

I've got a black lab that could pass for one.

idk, but they are in Louisiana, so I guess they could travel there also.

Comment

One was ran over on I-45 years ago, probably before most of y’all were born. It had a tag in its ear from Louisiana.

Comment

Working...
                              X