Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who’s had Covid?

My wife and I both tested positive late this last week after a contractor at work tested positive for it. No telling where we got it. Our 4 year old seems to have it too but not doing too bad so far. Me and the wife are not having a good time to say the least lol.

Docs seem to just want you in a black hole. No help. Just say go to ER if it gets bad. Bunch of bull****. Whole body hurts. Chest pains. My wife seems to be worse off than I am. If you had it, what helped?

Sorry to hear that. Two things I’ve heard that can help are Tylenol, and lately they have said laying on your stomach helps with the breathing.

One guy I hunted with two years ago had it, he apparently just had a fever for a couple days. Only one I know personally.

Edited, realized I had the medicine recommendation backwards.
    Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 06-21-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I think my daughter has it now. She's an infectious disease NP and got exposed on the 6th in a hospital. They have to share PPE and while in a room treating a patient an overhead water pipe busted and she had to move the patient and her PPE got compromised. She's not doing great but not bad enough to go to the hospital. I'll keep y'all in my prayers.

Comment

Pretty sure my crew had it back in March...wife is getting the anti-body test this week & I'll likely follow suit if she's positive. We'll be donating plasma as that seems to be the ticket for those who end up with it hard core.

My BIL, nephew & niece all caught it but my sister continues to test negative in SA.

Comment

I had it and let me tell you, it was not a fun time for me! I spent 13 days in the hospital and from what they told my wife I was close to meeting the Lord. My wife had it also and she quarantined at home. We are doing good now and hope to stay that way!

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
            Sorry to hear that. Two things I’ve heard that can help are ibuprofen, not Tylenol, and lately they have said laying on your stomach helps with the breathing.

One guy I hunted with two years ago had it, he apparently just had a fever for a couple days. Only one I know personally.
            Do not take Ibuprofen, people that have did not do well.

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
              Do not take Ibuprofen, people that have did not do well.
              Sorry, realized I had it backwards from my buddy that is an EMT. Edited.

Comment

Man sorry to hear that. It’s getting bad quick! A few people at work just got it last week. One guy actually worked with it all week and got tested Friday as positive. He just felt tired and had a sore throat and was over it by the end of the week. Crazy how it’s different for everyone.

Comment

I had it. Get tonic water and zinc. Take 50mg of zinc with tonic water morning and night. It helped me immensely.

Comment

If the docs don’t give us some answers pretty dang quick I’m gonna get real unfriendly. The place I took my test at gave me a Z pack. My wife went to Baylor Scott and white and had a ton of calls about them wanting to track stuff and all that. She wanted everything private and they ignored her ever since. Makes my blood boil.

They want us to stay home. But we can’t get help or info. Info on the internet is pretty contradicting. Most is about how to not get it. Not how to help with symptoms once you do get it.

Comment

A couple friends have it now. One is pretty sick and the other one isn’t so bad.

Comment

I took ibuprofen to reduce fever and aches and it worked just fine for me with no ill effects.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                          I had it. Get tonic water and zinc. Take 50mg of zinc with tonic water morning and night. It helped me immensely.
                          Zinc pill or what? What symptoms did you have?

Comment

Matt,

Start taking loads of Zinc & order you some El Guapo Tonic Syrup that is loaded w/ quinine...you can get some lighter doses of quinine in tonic water to start off with but you have to look for it on the label.

Told my BIL about it when he first got it & said it worked wonders & wish I had known back when.

Comment

I believe I had it in January. I had all the symptoms and tested negative for the flu. They told me then that there had been a lot of people coming in with my symptoms and nobody was getting a positive test back for the flu. Lasted 2-3 weeks, medicine did not help at all.
                              I’d love to know if that is what I had, but at this point will never know for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X