Best Trail Camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    This has to be a joke right? Have yall used nice brands of cameras before?

Have you ever bought 25 Browning Strike Force cameras at once?

I own at least 60 cameras of several brands.

Those $28 Tasco cameras work flawlessly. I have a dozen of them in the woods, and haven’t had a single issue.
    Last edited by AntlerCollector; 04-08-2021, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Tasco's have exceeded my expectations. I wasn't a fan at first, but the guys on our lease chipped in and we bought about 15 last season. No issues or complaints. Good clear pics and very good battery life.

Comment

The Muddy cameras for $30 at Academy are pretty good. We have 5 of them on the place where we don't have good cell service and the pictures are really clear. Just use lithium batteries and it should last a long time, we get a year at least on them. It loads the card with great pics.

Comment

I have a couple of the tascos that are 3 or 4 years old. Still work like a champ. I have never had one go bad yet, but I have lost a few prematurely due to theives and flooding.

Comment

I can't tell you which is best but I can tell you which one I've had the most success with and a few notes about them

Moultrie A 35 - Favorite and most reliable, high quality pics, batteries seem to last longest, battery level indicator at turn on (percentage level), easy setup, had it for about 2 years now, has been out and running almost the entire time.

Primos bullet Proof 2 - moderate preference, I actually really like this camera for using on Game trails, not so much a feeder camera, but can be used anywhere really. Small/compact, and reliable (I bought one at academy on sale for $30, wish I would have gotten 4 of them). Been running it about a year or so at different locations, so far so good, really feel like I got my money's worth on it. Only downside to this camera is that you have to do the time/date setup on a computer, but once its setup (as long as you don't remove the batteries) its good till the next battery change, doesn't really bother me, but worth mentioning.

Stealthcam STC PX26NG - Moderate Preference, battery life seems to be average/lower than expected, picture quality seems to be fair, nightime pictures seem to dropoff in quality significantly as the cameras age, but again could be heat related, in constant sun, etc,

Stealthcam STC QS12XV2 - Moderate Preference, battery life seems to be average/lower than expected, picture quality seems to be fair, nightime pictures seem to dropoff in quality significantly as the cameras age, but again could be heat related, in constant sun, etc,

Wildgame Innovations Terra Max (TX 16i62A-20) - Least Favorite, no definitive "On/Off switch" just a power button, have had multiple times where I set it up and turned it on and left it but when I got back a month later, it turns out it was off the whole time even when the batteries were fully charged. medium to low quality pics. Trigger/Shutter speed seems to be slow, but maybe that's just me. I've owned two of these, the only endearing feature this camera has is its usually fairly cheap....you get what you pay for.

I mainly look for anything that is reliable, high res pics are nice but I place reliability over that. I only check them every month or two, so if it doesn't do its job, its a bit heartbreaking when I finally get to it. Not sure how much I paid for each one originally except the primos but here's what I'd pay for them if I were to get them again/if they are still available:
            Moultrie A35 - $110
            Stealthcam (either) - $60
            Wildgame Innovations - $40
            Primos bulletproof 2 - $60

I know these are all on the "lower end of the spectrum" but I haven't found a camera that I've been able to repair (circuit/IR LED wise; Cheap/expensive) or that is worth the repair/refund hassle. So I stick to the cheaper ones and just replace when needed.

Hope it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by MossyRockRanch View Post
              Reconyx and had them for 6 years no issue. The sting wears off after a week or so ......
              ^^^^^^^ This

Comment

It all depends on what your budget is. Sure... the Tascos work great. I have about a dozen myself. Picture quality is average at best. Upper model StealthCams and Moultries have much better quality as far as pictures go. Reconyx is primo if you can afford them.

So, buying 25 cameras will not be cheap if you want better to best as far as quality pictures go.

Comment

I tried a Tasco from Walmart. In my case, the area is very bright. White rocks and no trees (out west). It did not take good pics. When I tested it at home in wooded area, they looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                    Reconyx

close thread
                    X2

Comment

Thanks all, we are going to give the browning strikeforce a try. Red wolf research so picture quality matters too much for tascos.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
                        Thanks all, we are going to give the browning strikeforce a try. Red wolf research so picture quality matters too much for tascos.

You will definitely be happy with the Strike Force. Tasco is a good camera for viewing game, but it can’t provide the resolution you’re needing it for. Best of luck. Post some pics here if you’re allowed to.

Comment

My Strikeforce are nice but I've been just as happy w the Apex Dark Opps. Browning makes the best cameras in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Tasco from Walmart.

this

Comment

browning strikeforce we use across our ranch and they work great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                Sure... the Tascos work great. I have about a dozen myself. Picture quality is average at best.
                                ty

Great or average at best? LOL

He didn't mention money. He said which cameras are the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X