Scam Alert!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scam Alert!!

Wife got a automated call from "Amazon" saying there was an unauthorized purchase on her account. I went to her account and there was a message the account had be suspended with a number to call. I called it and it sounded a little strange to me so I hung up and googled amazon customer service. Had a chat with them and they said it was a scam and they would not contact anyone with an automated call or ever ask for any account details.

Just a FYI for anyone that gets this call.

Thanks for take the time to post!

Comment

This stuff drives me crazy! Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

I get the spam email from From a fake Amazon email account . If you click on the address it came from ya can tell it’s fake .

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
          Wife got a automated call from "Amazon" saying there was an unauthorized purchase on her account. I went to her account and there was a message the account had be suspended with a number to call. I called it and it sounded a little strange to me so I hung up and googled amazon customer service. Had a chat with them and they said it was a scam and they would not contact anyone with an automated call or ever ask for any account details.

Just a FYI for anyone that gets this call.
          Are you saying that when you visited her account on the Amazon website it was suspended, with a number to call?

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
            Are you saying that when you visited her account on the Amazon website it was suspended, with a number to call?
            x2. If so that's gonna definitely trick some peeps.

Comment

Curious about this as well. Did you login directly to her amazon account, or through clicking a link in the email?

Comment

Yes, opened my browser, typed in Amazon, it brought up the login for Amazon and ask for the email ( all normal so far ) typed in email address and that is when I got the notice. How they were able to hijack the email address I have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                  Curious about this as well. Did you login directly to her amazon account, or through clicking a link in the email?
                  Yeah, this sounds suspicious. How did the scammer get the account closed with a message to call the scammer on a secure site?

Comment

I got the exact same call, at lunch today.
                    I just hung up.,

Comment

I called the number because I was bored. Ol nigerian sounding g "joe" answered a with amazon customer service . I told him to I sure was glad he called because I was all out if cat litter and wondered when my order would be delivered. He hung up on me. I redialed him about 75 times. After about 10 he quit answering and just hang up on me.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        I called the number because I was bored. Ol nigerian sounding g "joe" answered a with amazon customer service . I told him to I sure was glad he called because I was all out if cat litter and wondered when my order would be delivered. He hung up on me. I redialed him about 75 times. After about 10 he quit answering and just hang up on me.
                        Garguy, you always come up with something that makes me laugh. I gotta be careful when reading your posts when drinking on the computer.

Comment

Been down that road- got a text that my Amazon account had been compromised and to call a particular number. Didn't catch on to what was happening until I had already supplied my bank information- they even screwed up my laptop I was working on. Had to change all bank accounts, close and apply for new credit cards, and had to take my laptop to Best Buy to let the Geek Squad wipe it and reset it up for me. If I were to ever catch that foreign bastage that did this I will keep shooting him until I run out of ammo. Thought I was going to have to shoot my wife over this- she kept on and on (and on and on and on) about what an idiot I am. Wouldn't even shut up when I agreed with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                            Been down that road- got a text that my Amazon account had been compromised and to call a particular number. Didn't catch on to what was happening until I had already supplied my bank information- they even screwed up my laptop I was working on. Had to change all bank accounts, close and apply for new credit cards, and had to take my laptop to Best Buy to let the Geek Squad wipe it and reset it up for me. If I were to ever catch that foreign bastage that did this I will keep shooting him until I run out of ammo. Thought I was going to have to shoot my wife over this- she kept on and on (and on and on and on) about what an idiot I am. Wouldn't even shut up when I agreed with her.
                            Shoot your wife, that's too funny. Man, I don't know if I would even admit this, especially to my wife.

Comment

I was just glad I was already suspicious when I called the number. Already changed Amazon password, about to change the email, computer login, and any other ones I see that may need changing.

Comment

Working...
                              X