Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
    Any one ranked in apa?
    Yes, I would be a 7 or 9 depending on which league.
    Don't ever use that to judge a players speed, though, those rankings are ridiculously misleading.
    The apa is a pariah.
    Provides alot of entertainment for amateurs, rakes in millions, does nothing for the game of pool.
    Over the last 3 or 4 yrs a system has developed, called Fargo rate.
    It is the truest definition of a players skill from a numbers point of view.
    You will need to play in rated tournaments though, over a given time, to aquire a rating.
    Over 600 you're a proficient player.
    650 a good "A" player.
    700 a shortstop
    750 good road players, and lower tier pros.
    800 upper echelon pros
    800+ the elite boys (SVB, Ko Brothers, Filler).
    99% of APA 7 & 9 would run in 500-600 range.
    The handicap system kills and distorts the perspective of what good is.
    There's a huge world beyond the 7 & 9 rating because APA has no way to account for the skillset once you get so high.
    There's a million miles between a 650 FR player and a 800 FR player, but in APA they would hold the same skillset ranking.
    Just trying to give you a little perspective on it

Edit - to add, the APA skillset varies drastically across the US. A APA 7 in Texas, couldn't hang with some of the APA 5s in some parts of the Northeast. You guessed it, due to the handicapping.
    It is based on the skillset of that area.
    Last edited by MadHatter; 01-13-2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
      Ok. Was on here earlier today and it kinda gave me the bug again. Accidentally stopped by the billiard factory on the way home and picked up a nice little Birdseye maple Lucasi custom with blue floating inlays. You just can’t afford to get on the green screen anymore!
      Those Lucasis are jam up .

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        I hope so. I didn’t get to play long with it but it felt super solid on hit and off center hits. Got a good deal on it after some chatting so I couldn’t pass it up

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
          I hope so. I didn’t get to play long with it but it felt super solid on hit and off center hits. Got a good deal on it after some chatting so I couldn’t pass it up
          And they all hit the same.
          Always have.
          That cannot be said for alot of production cues.

Comment

They really are. Several of my friends swing them. I been wondering about that Furgo rating deal. All the cool kids have them. I need to get me one of those.

Comment

I used to play pool about 6 days a week in my 20s played in tournaments all over played some pretty good players too . Haven't played in years and a guy I work with plays in a league I got a little interested found a Custom cue maker that needed a Knife now I'm making him a knife and he is making me a cue he is a awesome maker the handle is some beautiful redwood girl. Ill post pictures when done. Would love to get together to play some pool when this virus is stuff dies down.

Comment

Last edited by waterdog; 01-13-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  They really are. Several of my friends swing them. I been wondering about that Furgo rating deal. All the cool kids have them. I need to get me one of those.
                  Gonna require playing in some good tournaments, and most likely a little travel.
                  Nothing a man that jumps airboats can't handle though .
                  Dallas has several, had a couple here in Longview the last couple yrs, Shreveport was having a really good one 4 times a yr at SidePockets but it's all shut down for the moment .
                  Places are open but the logistics for the organizers is shot all to he!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
                    I used to play pool about 6 days a week in my 20s played in tournaments all over played some pretty good players too . Haven't played in years and a guy I work with plays in a league I got a little interested found a Custom cue maker that needed a Knife now I'm making him a knife and he is making me a cue he is a awesome maker the handle is some beautiful redwood girl. Ill post pictures when done. Would love to get together to play some pool when this virus is stuff dies down.
                    Who?

Comment

Charles Wilhite
                      Attached Files

Comment

He is just starting on it

Comment

Gonna require playing in some good tournaments, and most likely a little travel.
                          Nothing a man that jumps airboats can't handle though .
                          Dallas has several, had a couple here in Longview the last couple yrs, Shreveport was having a really good one 4 times a yr at SidePockets but it's all shut down for the moment .
                          Places are open but the logistics for the organizers is shot all to he!!.
                          I was actually kidding. I have worked had to NOT be Fargo rated. Played a year of BCA league last year. They misspelled my name or something

Comment

Recognize any of these names in the early 90s got to meet and play pool with several of them.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Im not smart enough to flip them around but its pretty much the autographs of everyone in the 90s that was a top pro player.

Comment

I see ol Buddy Hall on there

Comment

Working...
                                X