Alexa, Echo, or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa, Echo, or what?

We were at my bro-in-law's house recently, and I got intrigued with their Alexa. I got my Googler out and got confused with all the choices with Alexa, Echo, whatever. I searched TBH and the last thread was 2 1/2 years ago.

Who has one, and which one do you have, recommend, etc. Yes, I know some of you will say that you don't want big brother listening, but I don't care if someone is listening to me and my wife saying sweet nothings to each other .

So, what do you guys/ladies own, and what do you like/dislike about them? What is the difference between Alexa and Echo? Lots of price differences in the various versions of each.
    Last edited by Burnadell; 10-26-2022, 05:18 PM.

That Alexa ***** is nosy!

Comment

"Alexa, I've fallen and I can't get up"

Comment

We have Alexa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pass

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
            "Alexa, I've fallen and I can't get up"
            Hahahahahahaha!

Comment

Hard pass.

Comment

yeah I would have to pass on having an advertising spy in the house by choice. Literally, you can talk about a vacation to Egypt and when you log on to the computer you will have advertisements about vacations to Egypt

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  yeah I would have to pass on having an advertising spy in the house by choice. Literally, you can talk about a vacation to Egypt and when you log on to the computer you will have advertisements about vacations to Egypt
                  What if you talk about hookers and blow? Do you get adds for that or a request from the Biden’s for a donation?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

We have Alexa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    So, do you like it? Do you recommend it?

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                      Pass
                      So you didn't read my second paragraph, did you?

Originally posted by Laketex View Post
                      Hard pass.
                      See post above.

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      I don't think I asked if you would buy it, did I?

Comment

My wife uses Alexa all the time, turning on lights, playing music, etc. I think the music part of it is ok but not necessary. My 2 cents

Comment

I recommend against any of these devices. If you saw the thread about my identity theft problems recently I have been talking to and doing a bunch of research. I spoke with a security expert last week and he told me to get all of those devices out of my house. Also to check your smart TVs to make sure the voice control is turned off on those.

He went through a bunch of stuff with me on these and it’s too much to type write now. I won’t own another one that’s for sure

Comment

Junk! That ***** liked to talk too much. I threw two of them in the garbage. I’m not worried about anyone listening to me. There’s far more interesting people out there to spy in on. I got tired of Alexa just talking as if she had a voice that wanted to be heard. Plus, still to this day, I have no idea what you actually use the thing for.

Comment

Looks like some failed reading comprehension in school. I don’t have anything like this so I can’t answer your question Burnadell. So bumping it up for someone that can give you some needed info.

Comment

Working...
                              X