Do you agree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you agree?

You can tell a lot about a man just by his hand shake. Does he look you in the eyes, have a firm grip, does he stay seated or does he render the respect and stand up etc. I am a firm believer in this and teach my sons the same beliefs. I just wish it mattered more nowadays.
    Attached Files

They both sitting

Comment

I would say I agree, to me the handshake is just the physical way of saying "I am a man of my word". The actual physical handshake itself is not that big of deal to me as someone that stays true to their word. Obviously it is a sign as respect and it is always good to show people respect.

Comment

It does factor into my first impression of an individual.

Comment

I'm a big believer in a proper hand shake, but personally I don't think it means squat about a man.

Comment

Agree. In fact, one of the highest compliments anyone can pay a man (or woman) is to say, “His handshake means something.” So, yes, I think a proper handshake is important.

Comment

Mine means something to me, If I shake your hand and tell you I'll do something then I'll do it and If I don't I'll come back and tell you why I didn't.

Comment

Depends on the handshake, too soft and the individual is suspect, and the fella that squeezes hard and pulls you into them trying to pull you off balance is worse.

Comment

I think a proper handshake and a man's word go hand in hand, no pun intended, so yeah, it goes a long ways with me.

Comment

Do you agree?

Yes it still matters to me. I’m plus 40 and when young men high school age shake my hand it pretty much seals the deal on how they were raised. I shake a woman’s hand the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                      Mine means something to me, If I shake your hand and tell you I'll do something then I'll do it and If I don't I'll come back and tell you why I didn't.
                      This x2. Follow up on your word or your handshake is worthless. I’ll still do business on a handshake when I know a man’s word is his bond.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdc View Post
                        I think a proper handshake and a man's word go hand in hand, no pun intended, so yeah, it goes a long ways with me.
                        Yes absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          They both sitting
                          Yeah but they are both in horseback so levels the field 😁

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                            Yeah but they are both in horseback so levels the field 😁

It’s cooler if you’re sitting on a horse anyway.

I agree a man’s word and a handshake matter.

Comment

The man behind the handshake is all that matters. My handshake is more valuable than any contract I've ever signed. I cannot say the same about some other hands I've ever shaken. Don't be fooled. A crook can have a nice, firm, handshake too. He too can look you in the eye and say his word is his bond. It's what a man does AFTER the handshake that separates the wheat from the chaff.

Comment

Working...
                              X