Geezer question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geezer question!

At what age did you decide “”no more tree stands”? Or have you? If not sound off on what your using and the height you hunt at.

I hunt box box blinds. One is 12ft high with a ladder. Slow and careful climbing and getting in and out.

Comment

Ground blinds for me 99% of the time for the last 15 years simple because of our terrain and you can get away with a lot more in a GB, but I did hunt out of a tree stand some when I had my Exotic place

Comment

I'm 58 and still hunt out of 14' tri pods, I question it, every now and then, but figure I have few more good years left in me.

Comment

On the ground for the last 5 years.

Comment

I’ll be 49 in March so I’m pre-Geezer phase
            Still hunting ladder stands at 15-16 ft

Comment

In just turned 56 and still hunt from a lock on 20 feet up. Safety harness and life line every time I leave the ground.

Comment

I'll be 76 next month. Still hunt out of a 15' ladder stand.

Comment

I hunt out of a Tree Lounge and go 30 ' +/- in bow season and 50'-60' in gun season.

I just turned 60 and I and between my 4 or 5 tree Lounges being 25-30 years old (I worried about aluminum fatigue) and concern about a tree snapping (never heard of that happening to a hunter, but the tree makes a lot of noise at 60' up with 200 lbs cantilevered off of it) I have been thinking about cutting back to 30' or so max.

I do like hunting out of blinds for the ease of use.

Comment

I’m 66 and quit lock-ons 7-8 years ago. Mostly ground blinds now but still hunt a quad pod and a ladder stand occasionally. (Go up and down very carefully)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

40-ish yo was my last tree stand. I have been in a few short ladder stands since but I hunt out of boxes on the ground or Krivomans on a platform now.

My Krivo is on a 6' platform ...that's about as high as I need to be anymore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8810.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	24696428

Comment

I'm 63 and still use loc-ons with climbing sticks and ladder stands also. I think it's more how of shape you're in more than what age you are.

Comment

I like my pop up when the weather turns bad and have. Tower blind I built as well. I still think that there is nothing like being in the timber when it’s waking up in the morning. I’m contemplating a ladder stand. At 15’ you can’t get away with much. Correct? And yes I will have a fall arrest system in place as well. I turned 67 in August.

Comment

I am 39 and prefer pop up blinds most of the time. I do still enjoy a comfortable ladder stand. I have my climber but I have not used it in years, mainly due to the fact I hunt my same spots on my lease. If I could move around and be mobile I would probably still climb more often.

Comment

65 and still climb with a climber. But also use ladder stands, lock ons, and ground blinds. Adapt and overcome.

I do admit, packing everything in is a chore now.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                              X