Hagerman Segment B 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvann75 View Post
    Hey guys first time headed to H to hunt this weekend and am pretty excited. Weather should be great.

Have a question on etiquette if someone could enlighten me. Have scouted around 5 days and have multiple spots picked out. I’ll be by myself for the trip. Have not done a whole lot of public land hunts. On logistics everyone will check in on Thursday morning, once we are checked in presumably we can head out to our parking spot and wait until 9 to go to hang stand? Do most folks at a particular parking area chat before they head out to discuss exact stand placement? Last thing I want to do is be the jerkoff setting up right next to someone. Also if it came down to a foot race to an area I suspect I’ll lose haha.
    I have hunted the H about 5-6 times that has been my experience , I was in seg A this year there was 4 different hunters at the parking spot 2 of them had pretty much the same spot picked out within a 25 ft area they just worked out .

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
      I have hunted the H about 5-6 times that has been my experience , I was in seg A this year there was 4 different hunters at the parking spot 2 of them had pretty much the same spot picked out within a 25 ft area they just worked out .
      Ditto what Bama stated, and don't be afraid to move if someone is too close. I had a guy setup close to me in 2018, noonish Friday moved to a spot I had hunted before a couple hundred yards away and scored a buck Saturday morning. I've only ran into one bad apple at Hagerman (2010), but there are exceptions.

And good luck!

Comment

Is it Thursday yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
          Is it Thursday yet?

It needs to be. I picked up the last piece of gear I needed today. Can’t make an all day sit without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice AggieMark.

I have another etiquette question. Should I have told my roommate for the hunt that I'm splitting a hotel with that I can't sleep without a back rub and a cuddle BEFORE we booked the room? Or is a surprise ok upon arrival? My wife makes the sacrifice... Haha.

Let the shinanigans begin!

Comment

Very nice AggieMark.

I have another etiquette question. Should I have told my roommate for the hunt that I'm splitting a hotel with that I can't sleep without a back rub and a cuddle BEFORE we booked the room? Or is a surprise ok upon arrival? My wife makes the sacrifice... Haha.

Umm, I don’t think I’m gonna make it anymore hahah

Comment

Comment

Very nice AggieMark.

No spooning! Or at least no pics, what happens in the hotel room, stays in the hotel room.

Comment

Had a great day scouting today. Found 2 shooters! You guys in Seg B are going in at a great time. Every buck I saw was with a doe. Good luck to y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieMark View Post
                      It needs to be. I picked up the last piece of gear I needed today. Can’t make an all day sit without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Don't forget the butthole sammich Good luck guys its on like donkey kong right now where I hunt south of there now.

Comment

What's everyone packing for food during their all-day sits? When I plan long hunts I usually have a couple of protein bars or a Snickers, but I don't usually sit all day, so we'll see how it goes!

I may have to pack some PB&J sandwiches or something! Then figure where to go when I have to "go"!

We're almost there fellas!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Reminder to everyone hunting Segment B, I have created a GroupMe chat for us to use this weekend.

Feel free to join.

You're invited to join my group "Hagerman NWR Segment B 2022 (Hunt Weekend App)" on GroupMe. https://groupme.com/join_group/90130025/wytXwKcz

Comment

I was probably going to run into town and find a Walmart. Hadn't thought about food. Probably trail mix or something simple and easy. Beef jerky also a contender. I have been doing intermittent fasting lately so I am sorta adapted to skipping breakfast and lunch. But I am also not sitting around staring at trees so I am sure boredom will play a factor
                            Last edited by ctom87; 11-16-2022, 12:23 PM.

Comment

But I am also not sitting around staring at trees so I am sure boredom will play a factor
                              Indeed. Boredom snacking is a sad reality for me!

Comment

A warm meal goes a long way for mental aptitude for me.
                                I’ve got a thermos type thing I’ll eat a mid day meal from.

Other than that snacks and lots of water.

Comment

Working...
                                X