Stepped on a nail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stepped on a nail

Was tearing out our old pier while the water was low and stepped on a nail. Went clean through. It hurt. I washed it all with rubbing alcohol and packed it with neosporin. Just had a tetanus shot the other day when I hit myself with a crowbar in the head. Anything else I am missing? Except common sense to not hurt myself?

I'd say you have it covered if you can't get lock jaw. Now time is all it's gonna take.

Comment

I would say stay away from power tools and anything sharp !

JK you should be good having just gotten the shot .

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
        I would say stay away from power tools and anything sharp !

JK you should be good having just gotten the shot .
        This. I also suggest wrapping yourself in bubble wrap.

Good luck.

Comment

I’m thinking the only thing your missing is a handy man !! Sorry man couldn’t resist. Hope ya heal up quickly.

Comment

Soak it in warm water and Betadyne.
            Flush it with Hydrogen Peroxide.
            Keep it clean. Is there any debris from the nail left in the puncture?

Comment

Steel toed boots
              Kevlar gloves and a really good helmet

Comment

After the crowbar to the head, there is not much we can teach you!

Comment

At least you didn’t do them both at the same time. Just watch it and make sure it doesn’t get infected.

Comment

Keep an eye on it. But not in the literal sense.

Comment

Was ripping away a 2x6 and it sprung away fast, sending a nail into my forearm 2 inches. It swelled up fast, lost strength in my arm 12 hrs later, and was sore for several days. It stayed light red for weeks. After a few weeks I had to bust open the wound and drain a bunch of junk out. Several weeks later and now it's just a dot on the arm.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Steel toed boots
                        Kevlar gloves and a really good helmet
                        Beat me to the boots and helmet ! Sounds painful Rubberdown, hope there are no complications !

Comment

I was once mowing an elderly neighbor’s overgrown yard and stepped on a board with a nail that went through my foot and out the top of my shoe. (Missed bone) It was one of those ribbed nails so pulling it out was a little painful. I was up to date on tetanus shot so I soaked it in warm Epsom salts, flushed it with hydrogen peroxide using a syringe and filled the hole with Neosporin. It was puffy and tender for a few days but thankfully never got infected.

Comment

At least you're tuff. Your daddy must have had that speech with you. "If you're gonna be dum..." Ahh nevermind.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can get hold of some coal oil, soak it in that for about an hour and you’ll be good to go in a day or so.
                              Used it many times when getting puncture woulda, especially if rust was involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X