X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never get drawn

Comment

Originally posted by Stockmo View Post
      I'm pumped. Got drawn for the Hag last year and this year I'm headed to Laguna Atascosa 11/11-11/15.
      In same boat. Had Hag last year and got Laguna Atascosa 1/6-1/10.

Comment

Myself and two buddies also drew 1/6-1/10. We'll be first timers so following along this thread heavily trying to extract as much info as possible. I've been applying for 5 years but just started tacking them on year before last.

Comment

Originally posted by mgperez View Post
          Who else is pumped right now?

Drew 1/6-1/10 [emoji1018][emoji1018][emoji1018]

Let’s see those old LANWR kills and talk about the ones to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I drew the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post
            I drew the same!

Right on!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Myself and two buddies also drew 1/6-1/10. We'll be first timers so following along this thread heavily trying to extract as much info as possible. I've been applying for 5 years but just started tacking them on year before last.

Good luck to ya, there will be plenty of info on here and previous threads.

Comment

Originally posted by JRKenyon86 View Post
                My buddy and I drew 11/11-11/15. Pretty pumped. Got a cow Nilgai on Bahia Grande last year. Hoping to have success again.

I think I saw that on the Bahia thread. I was drawn/permitted for Bahia but couldn’t make it last minute, it hurt! Good luck to your group! [emoji1018][emoji1018][emoji1018]

Comment

Thoughts on Teniente vs Laguna?

Comment

Woohoo, headed back to lanwr 11/11 thru 11/15! Good luck to everyone this year.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      So disappointed to see pending second. I was really looking forward to getting back down there.
                      I have a group of 4 that won’t be going. Three of us drew chaparral and the other drew matador so we are going to let this one go. I imagine you’ll have a decent shot at second draw.

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
                        Thoughts on Teniente vs Laguna?
                        Both fun places to hunt but have to hunt them different ways. Seems the animals at Laguna are smarter and harder to kill! All of teniente is thick as helll and Laguna has plenty open areas. I like Laguna more but wouldn’t pass up a chance to hunt teniente again

Comment

Let talk about what arrow weight and specs are best for those hunting Laguna, especially thinking about Nilgai.

What grains and what broadheadgood luck to those selected

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                            Let talk about what arrow weight and specs are best for those hunting Laguna, especially thinking about Nilgai.

Dangit, I just retuned my bow for my deer arrows. I assume generally speakin an arrow built for Elk would be the ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post

I’ve had 2 pass throughs (tight on the shoulder placement) on Nilgai using Beeman 340 carbon arrows with a 125 grain Solid broadhead, however I’ve since lost faith in Solid.

Last year I used a 340 spine FMJ with a 125 grain slick trick 1” diameter and had excellent penetration for a shot dead in the shoulder. I pulled the arrow through the opposing side of the bull once I removed the hide in the breakdown process.

Both of these were 70 lb set ups.

This year I beefed it up to 300 spine fmj’s and an 80 lb rig simply because I can don’t worry about my shoulders lol. Shot placement is key of course at the end of the day.

I’ll follow with some shot placement photos and broadhead failure.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X