Looking for black bear outfitter recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for black bear outfitter recommendations

My wife wants to kill a bear and I have not the first clue about bear hunting. She wants to spot and stalk hunt for a black colored black bear with good fur for a rug. Anyone have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my son here. Great time and lots of bears! I did a write up here.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
      https://www.mountainspiritoutfitters.com/

I took my son here. Great time and lots of bears! I did a write up here.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ight=Epic+trip

Thanks for the link. I forgot to add that as of my research now, Canada is out of the question because I havent gotten the jab

Comment

I am going with Chasen the King in Arizona in April. First time with them, so I have no recommendations.

Comment

First, you may need to decide how important long thick hair is on the trophy you seek. If prime fur coat is of utmost importance, then you will want to shoot for an early spring hunt, preferably well up north, when bears first emerge from hibernation. Pelts are most full and hair the longest when the first appear from the den, especially at the most northern latitudes. Timing is somewhat critical here. Too early and they may not be out of the den. Too late and there could be singe spots on the hide. For large body bears (fat), and perhaps better odds for a kill, fall hunts may be preferred.

Comment

I dont see many folks on spot and stalk........except NW Province of CAnada or Alaska. I did mine in Quebec from a treestand and it was awesomeness. Glad she is into it however....good luck as it would definitely be a blast.

Comment

In for the info also .. no jab either , so no Canada - Alaska or the States

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                First, you may need to decide how important long thick hair is on the trophy you seek. If prime fur coat is of utmost importance, then you will want to shoot for an early spring hunt, preferably well up north, when bears first emerge from hibernation. Pelts are most full and hair the longest when the first appear from the den, especially at the most northern latitudes. Timing is somewhat critical here. Too early and they may not be out of the den. Too late and there could be singe spots on the hide. For large body bears (fat), and perhaps better odds for a kill, fall hunts may be preferred.
                This^^^

June in Montana is my suggestion.

There is a guide named Rick Wipple on Hamilton.

I've heard good things about him.

The guy we used turned into a crook and is on the run from the feds now.

Comment

White Mountain Indian Res in AZ

Comment

Been multiple TBH’ers go with this outfitter and post good experiences. Looking into it myself.

Comment

Ttt. Thanks for the suggestions so far. Will be looking into these but would love more.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I doubt you’re gonna find a true spot and stalk in the lower 48. Good luck though.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I doubt you’re gonna find a true spot and stalk in the lower 48. Good luck though.
                            They offer them all over the west.

Most states you are not allowed to bait for Black Bears.

As mentioned, I would try and find a spring hunt in a northern region such as Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Montana, Etc.
                            Last edited by txtrophy85; 08-30-2022, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                              This^^^

June in Montana is my suggestion.

There is a guide named Rick Wipple on Hamilton.

I've heard good things about him.

The guy we used turned into a crook and is on the run from the feds now.
                              Why is it always bear guides?

Aren't you the member who ended up DIY'ing it because that guide bailed on you? How did the hunt end up?
                              Last edited by Clay C; 08-30-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X