Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH PSA: Get your dang colonscopies done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your ladies on the program as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
      Got my first at 60, clean as a whistle. No polyps, nothing. Went this year for my visit and my doc said we are good to 70 because of my last exam and family history. Thankful.
      You are blessed!

My family has big history of colon cancer.
      So I have had several done. Due for another
      Hate the prep, love the short nap and flat stomach !

Comment

The one thing you never want to hear from your colonoscopy doctor is, “You have cancer”. I’ve had the misfortune of hearing these words. Fortunately, I get colonoscopies done every five years. Mine was caught early enough that with radiation, chemo, and surgery I’m now cancer free.

Another thought, be careful with the commercials you see on TV about sending a stool sample to be analyzed. if you get a positive result, the next step is a colonoscopy. Many health insurances will not pay for a colonoscopy after diagnosis by the stool sample. They pay for one or the other, not both. Get the colonoscopy, it’s much more reliable.

Comment

Had one done last year (38) due to some gastric issues. Removed some polyps and dr said come back in 3 years to check. Was not bad, was embarrassed at first then got over it once I woke up and started ripping them and the nurse said “ that’s what we needed”

Comment

I had my first one at 40. The recommended age at that time was 50.

If I had waited though I wouldn't have made 50. It's too easy and colon cancer is the ONE cancer you can actually stop from ever happening.

Originally posted by ktex View Post
            If it’s a screening then I believe it’s 100% covered by your insurance.
            That's gonna depend on your insurance. I can attest that mine is anything but fully covered.

Comment

Got my first one at 50 and was cleared until I hit 60 to get the next one. No big deal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great reminder and it's not as bad as most think. Had my first one done at 22 and have had 2 more since then. 35 now and found polyps on the last one.

Comment

Had mine done last month, found and removed a couple of polyps, will have to have it done next year. But the procedure is nothing to be anxious about. The prep I used was in pill form. Took 12 pills at 5pm then the next at 11pm. It’s too easy to have it done then to risk having cancer later on.

Jimbow

Comment

Got it done last year at 43 (family history) after procrastinating due to prep and the actual procedure. Removed 2 polyps and came back negative. Used the Suprep above and wasn’t bad at all. The nap was great and woke up ready to go. Good to go for 5 years.

Don’t put this off!

Comment

My wife has one scheduled this Thursday. I'm still waiting for a call from the hospital for me. Nearly 67 and this will be my first. Sure hope I didn't wait to long.

Comment

Had mine down some years back. Really very simple. Clean as a whistle, and come back in 10 years!
                        Lesto!!

Comment

Just jam that ivermectin tube up there as a deterant just don’t use the same tube ya brush ya teeth with.

Comment

Having a family history of males on my Dad's side going back to his father, uncle, and grandfather, I have to stay on top of it. My first inspection was at 42 yoa just after my grandfather passed of colon cancer. No polyps for me last Nov. But had some the time before. Next visit in Nov 2023.

This is mostly a preventable and survivable cancer, if caught early. Don't let your ego get in the way of doing what's smart and what's right.

And nobodys to young to get colon cancer. Just ask Chew.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-20-2021, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Man it's been awhile

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got a regular doctors visit tomorrow. Guess I’ll ask about it....[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X