Granger Ranger X-Treme Hunt 2014, "Happy, Happy, Happy!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granger Ranger X-Treme Hunt 2014, "Happy, Happy, Happy!"

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls of all ages; step right up and join the greatest show on Earth!
    Well, in Granger, Texas anyway...

The hunt you wait all year for is quickly approaching! Time to submit vacation time, get the kitchen passes, fix the boats and update the life insurance...

The 2014 Granger Ranger X-Treme Hunt!

When: 21-23 February, 2014
    Got it? That's the week AFTER Hallmark...er... Valentine's Day; so do it up right for your lady friend(s) on that day because you do not want anything to interfere with the GRXH Weekend!

For all the pukes who have been sleeping in class, can't use the search function or are just downright lazy; here are the particulars:
    The Rules
    1) NO FOOD! This means anything that can be eaten to provide nutrients for life, or anything that can be combined and then eaten to provide nutrients for life!
    The whole point of the GRXH is to eat only what we catch, kill or gather!
    To that end condiments are allowed and stuff to cook with, ie, flour, cornmeal, spices etc.
    Bring beer...

2) A hunting and fishing license is required if you are going to hunt and/or fish. Find a license retailer near you

3) In ADDITION to a hunting and fishing license an APH permit is required to hunt on the WMA. Cost is $48 and they can be bought at almost every location that also sells hunting and fishing licenses. Annual Public Hunting (APH) Permit Link

4) Hunter orange is required to hunt the WMA, Vest (144 square inches front and back) and a lid.

5) ARCHERY ONLY!!! Even though scatter guns are allowed by TPWD we DO NOT ALLOW THEM ON THIS HUNT! Crossbows are allowed ONLY if the hunter has a medical condition and they normally hunt with a bow!

Who is Invited?
    EVERYONE! That is, everyone who can abide by the rules. There is no requirement to be a member of TBH.com, male, with a 6" beard and a 12"...
    foot.

Every person considering participating should remember these simple observations though:

1) Women - In the past women have been to the hunt, and we welcome everyone; but, this isn't an ordinary hunt in an ordinary location. While we all strive to be gentlemen, historically, this hasn't been a very gentlemanly hunt. There will be men drinking, drunk, passed out on the ground, running naked through the woods, cussing, loud talking, wrestling, fighting, arguing, pranks, off-color jokes, Liberal bashing, farting and other high-jinks along these lines. If ANY of this makes your skin crawl, please stay home; if not, please come and enjoy the fun!

2) Kids - See Number 1) above...

3) Girly Boys/Men, Yuppies, Metrosexual, Hipsters, Chic - Just stay home, no amount of wanting a 'hard core life experience' is worth being duct taped to a tree all weekend long with Alex Jones playing non-stop in your ears from your iPod...

Where?
    Granger Lake, Granger, Texas
    We camp at Primitive Camp on the San Gabriel River; there is a privy but no running water or electricity. It's primitive, get it?
    Access to the PC is easy:
    You can walk in from the trailhead
    You can boat in from any of the boat ramps or the primitive boat launch at No. 7
    Or you can catch a shuttle ride from some of us with boats
    granger Lake Map

2013 GRXH Recap
    2013 GRXH Planning
    2012 GRXH Planning
    2011 GRXH Recap

Food prep and planning to follow.
    Bring a chainsaw if you have one.

How do you add your name to the shuttle list?
    It's easy... Copy the list, the whole list, add your name under the heading/group you are in. The headings are: Need a Ride and Have a boat and other! Easy right...?
    THEN, put down how many you will have with you like this: +2 means you will have you PLUS 2 more for a total of three people.
    IF your + people are TBH members you can simply add them to the list (and they will be counted as one so you will need to remove them from your plus) or, on the same line as your name say:
    Me, + 2 (TBH member so and so, and my son)

If you post for another TBH member, let them know...

Have a Boat:
    Rat +1

Need a Ride:

Other (walking, biking etc):

LET'S GET LICKEY!

Best

Pump-up

GRXH

thread

ever!

subscribed

Comment

Dog gonnit
      I'm going to make it this year

Comment

Have a Boat:
        Rat +1
        dirty

Need a Ride:

LET'S GET LICKEY!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          Have a Boat:
          Rat +1
          dirty

Need a Ride:
          Spliffnwesson aka Dustin

LET'S GET LICKEY!

Cmon mike, lets get Jay to go as well.

Comment

Calling jay.... Where r u?

Comment

walking

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                Have a Boat:
                Rat +1
                dirty

Need a Ride:
                Neano

LET'S GET LICKEY!

I'm in for sure. This will make year number 3. Been looking forward to it since last year.

Comment

How far is granger from Tyler area? Sounds like a good time. And have a boat aswell

Comment

I am 110% sure I will be in attendance! I can't wait!!

Comment

in jack

Comment

with 1 small boat

Comment

By God, I'm in this year!
                          I'll be riding with Bughunter.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                            By God, I'm in this year!
                            I'll be riding with Bughunter.
                            oh well, no more room in said small boat

Comment

Have a Boat:
                              Rat +1
                              dirty
                              Sackett

Need a Ride:

I'm going to leave the Bay Boat at home this year since she makes the river too rough for the fishermen and I had her gelcoat repaired by Huntinfool's Pa last summer. Course, I could change my mind come February 22nd. I'm also trying to recruit some new guys this year so I'll add them to the list a week before the hunt if they decide to come. If you're on the fence about coming, don't be, just come and I assure you, you won't regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X