Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck and post some LDP's.

Comment

We’re loaded up and ready to roll early tomorrow for my sons 12/27-29 youth hunt at SLLRSP. Hopefully we’ll see some interesting critters and maybe knock one or two down! I’m gonna be camp cookie while another son is the official chaperone.
      Anyone else from the green screen gonna be there?

Comment

Are they allowing you to feed corn now. It's been a number of years since my buddy and I were drawn and hunted there but they would not let you feed corn because of the turkeys. Said there was too much risk of Alpha Toxin killing the turkey. Things may have changed since then.

Comment

They allowed us to corn a couple of years ago

Comment

Yes on low toxin corn baiting

Comment

Originally posted by gburk View Post
              We’re loaded up and ready to roll early tomorrow for my sons 12/27-29 youth hunt at SLLRSP. Hopefully we’ll see some interesting critters and maybe knock one or two down! I’m gonna be camp cookie while another son is the official chaperone.
              Anyone else from the green screen gonna be there?
              Yes, sir. My son and I are in our hotel and waiting impatiently for tomorrow.

Comment

The best to yall. I'll be following from the shadows here.

Comment

Kid drew the hunt. We’re staying in a rental in junction. I didn’t realize the severity of the drought. We could’ve filled all ten of our whitetail tags from the middle of town last night. Whitetails crossing residential streets, eating scalped dead grass in yards and in business fronts. Was a shock to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak blue View Post
                    Kid drew the hunt. We’re staying in a rental in junction. I didn’t realize the severity of the drought. We could’ve filled all ten of our whitetail tags from the middle of town last night. Whitetails crossing residential streets, eating scalped dead grass in yards and in business fronts. Was a shock to see.

It’s like that every year in junction. With the river running right through town, they just meander wherever they please.

My favorite was seeing them eating the grass in front of the bank at night LOL

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

ScottFW’s son drew first pick and mine third so they both should be well situated for exotics

First afternoon sit has commenced.

I’m gonna go rest up for some processing chores that may be in my future

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

I would be cautious on the WT. My niece shot her first buck there. A nice 115 8 point the first evening. The next two hunts she sat and watched a 13 point eat corn at 60 yards. Axis seemed to move later morning out of the river bottom than the WT. Most we saw were hour and a half after light.

Comment

Any luck

Comment

Wellll my party did have some luck in that a doe did come within range. However it appears the shot was high and just a bit of blood and back fat found at the site. She was knocked over and out, but a few minutes later apparently sprang to, and off she went.
                              Some lessons were learned I think.
                              I only know of two does brought in and maybe three pigs killed total, plus a wounded axis buck that will have to wait till tomorrow. That is probably incomplete though.
                              Optimism is high for tomorrow. Cool place!

Comment

Yep, my son had first pick and he drew the blind that has had the most action so far this year but that didn't translate into any action for us on day 1. We saw an axis spike and several axis does, small whitetail bucks and a few whitetail does, several turkeys. It looks very promising however so we're anxious to see what tomorrow brings.

Comment

Working...
                                X