No announcement yet.

Got It Done On a Ranch Legend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inches wise, yes this was probably his best year. At 6 and 7 his tine length was maybe a little better but less mass and less points. He has never been a 10 pt until is year. Was a slick 8 at 4 yrs old and then a slick 9 at 5, 6 and 7. He rutted hard at 7 and as a result went downhill last year as an 8 yr old and was an 8 pt with two small kickers. I will try to put together some age progression pics when I get some time.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Awesome buck and beautiful cape! That ear has taken a beating!!!

Comment

Awesome old Monarch. Big Congrats and well deserved for your management practices

Comment

Letting them get old is the key to growing big ones! Congrats to you.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
              Inches wise, yes this was probably his best year. At 6 and 7 his tine length was maybe a little better but less mass and less points. He has never been a 10 pt until is year. Was a slick 8 at 4 yrs old and then a slick 9 at 5, 6 and 7. He rutted hard at 7 and as a result went downhill last year as an 8 yr old and was an 8 pt with two small kickers. I will try to put together some age progression pics when I get some time.
              Thanks

Perfect example of an slick 8 that didn’t need to get culled IMHO.

Comment

Gorgeous deer! How wide was he?

Comment

Dream deer right there! Would love to see age progression pictures if you have them. Few people I hunt with seem to think deer start shriveling up at 5 years old haha

Comment

beatiful buck! what was his inside spread?? ive got a similar buck i am watching this year

Comment

Stud! Congratulations

Comment

Great buck

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                          Thanks

Perfect example of an slick 8 that didn’t need to get culled IMHO.
                          I care about frame size more than number of points. Big frame, long beams and tines get em a pass even if 8 pts. Some folks disagree but we have had good results.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Gorgeous deer! How wide was he?
                            Thanks! 23 2/8”

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats! Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X