Email from NICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email from NICS

As a result of the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) of 2022, signed into law on June 25, 2022, the NICS Section is working towards the implementation of an enhanced background check process for persons between the ages of 18-20. The enhancement provides the opportunity for additional outreach and research to be conducted regarding the existence of any juvenile adjudication information and/or mental health prohibition. As a result, transactions on persons between the ages of 18-20 will initially be delayed. In order to conduct the aforementioned outreach and research, the address of the individual will be collected so that the appropriate local and state entities may be contacted. All descriptive information, including address, will follow normal purge requirements (i.e., deleted from NICS within 24 hours of the FFL receiving a proceed status.) If potentially prohibiting juvenile information is uncovered, the BSCA allows for the delay period to extend up to ten business days. However, if no potentially prohibiting information is located, the transaction will be proceeded as soon as possible.

The NICS Section is working in collaboration with numerous other entities in the implementation of all aspects of the BSCA and will keep you informed as additional guidance becomes available.
    Thank you!

Discrimination in the guise of safety

Comment

Well, they are too late on me by about 55 years. Opportunity missed !

Comment

It is nothing more than a platform “they” will stand on in the coming weeks. It would not surprise me in the least if they didn’t try to do it across the board again as well as make private party sales across the board illegal.

Micheal

Comment

I haven't received that email yet ?

Comment

Mine came across at 7:55am...

Comment

I did notice that they now ask for address . and if they do ask, it will be a delay ?

Comment

Sounds like all 18-20yr olds will get an automatic delay with an enhanced NICS background check...I guess the address request helps them get out of the gates to reach out to local LE.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Sounds like all 18-20yr olds will get an automatic delay with an enhanced NICS background check...I guess the address request helps them get out of the gates to reach out to local LE.
                  Yeah the way I understand it is that all 18-20 year olds will get a delay.

Every delay now requires the purchasers address to be entered.

Such B.S.

Comment

Working...
                  X