Shadow Systems Pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow Systems Pistols

Do any of you have experience with Shadow Systems MR920 Elite? I know they are a Glock with upgrades. Wondering if it’s worth the sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've had one for a while.

I still prefer Gen 5 Glocks with an optics cut. My MR920 just collects dust now. It is a good pistol though.
    Last edited by Clay C; 09-16-2022, 02:01 PM.

Comment

What don’t you like?

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
        What don’t you like?

I prefer the trigger on Gen 5 Glocks which I personally think are pretty dang good. I'm not a fan of the Shadow Systems Trigger. The grip texture on the Shadow Systems is also pretty slick.

I don't think you'll find anything objectively bad about it. It's going to be personal. I just personally feel it doesn't do anything better than a Glock. It is a good, reliable, accurate pistol.

Their optics cut is probably the best factory option out there.

Comment

Shadow Systems Pistols

I can’t imagine that any of these high dollar pistols do anything an out of the box one won’t do. I own many Glocks and they have always been plenty accurate and 100% reliable. Thats all I need in a pistol.

I laugh when I see folks that have tied up a ton of money in “upgrades” to a Glocks and then try to sell them for 2-3 times the cost of a new factory gun. At the end of the day it’s still a Glock and only worth what someone is willing to pay no matter how much money you chose to sink into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I can’t imagine that any of these high dollar pistols do anything an out of the box one won’t do. I own many Glocks and they have always been plenty accurate and 100% reliable. Thats all I need in a pistol.

I laugh when I see folks that have tied up a ton of money in “upgrades” to a Glocks and then try to sell them for 2-3 times the cost of a new factory gun. At the end of the day it’s still a Glock and only worth what someone is willing to pay no matter how much money you chose to sink into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'd have to agree. When I bought my MR920 Elite I paid $799. Considering adding the sights alone to a Glock would be $100 plus, and that you are getting an optics mounting system that let's you mount directly to the slide instead of stacking plates, I thought the price was fair. Looks like the Elites are all above $900 now.

Comment

How about shooting with the extended beaver tail?

Comment

How about shooting with the extended beaver tail?

Are you asking if it gets in the way? Or if it makes a difference in shooting?

I'm going to say no and no.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  Are you asking if it gets in the way? Or if it makes a difference in shooting?

I'm going to say no and no.

Does it improve the way it shoots.

Comment

Does it improve the way it shoots.

Not in my opinion.

Comment

I’ve had my mr920 for awhile and love it and it’s my main carry gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        I've had one for a while.

I still prefer Gen 5 Glocks with an optics cut. My MR920 just collects dust now. It is a good pistol though.
                        Same here. Mine was an impulse buy, and now is collecting dust also. I put around 500 rounds on mine. Never had any issues, but prefer the Glock MOS.

Comment

Working...
                        X