Groove Belt Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groove Belt Users

For those of you that wear or have worn Groove Belts, what are your thoughts and impressions, especially if you really on your belt to carry a concealed handgun. I saw Academy is now selling them for about $60, so I am trying to determine if they really work as advertised and are comfortable. Also, have any of you found a comparably constructed flex type belt that is less expensive than the Groove Belt, yet can still support the weight of a handgun when carrying concealed.

I always wear a 511 belt.

Comment

I see their commercials on youtube and wear one of their rings. I dont understand the sales pitch of a flexible floppy belt to carry a gun. I dont want the belt to flex when I draw.

Ive been through leather that stretches, 5.11 thats not stiff enough and proper that Im not sold on the buckle. Im currently wearing klik belt that comes with a cobra buckle. I dont think their is a better buckle. Something that snaps together like the groove appears to just dont make sense to me

Not an expert but been carrying 25lbs of stuff on a belt for 20 years

Comment

I got mine from when the idea was still on Kickstart. I love it, and you don't even know it's there because of the comfort. Haven't tried carrying concealed but it handles regular carry just fine so you should be good there. I love the quick snap together of the buckle and so do both of my boys.

Comment

I’ve got two, best belts I’ve owned. While they will flex slightly, they stay tight and are very rigid. Easy magnetic clip too, holds tight.

Comment

Best belt I have ever owned. Not even a close 2nd. Don’t carry much but didn’t notice an issue.

Comment

Looking for a new belt, need more people to chime in that carry concealed

Comment

Pretty groovy!

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
                  Looking for a new belt, need more people to chime in that carry concealed
                  No experience with the Groove.

Belts I've used over the years are Beltman, Hanks, Mean Gene, Ares Gear, Kore, and now, Tenicor Zero.

I carry appendix and have gone away from super stiff belts. The Tenicor Zero is perfect for this and I wear it 99% of the time

The Ares Aegis is still around for the rare times I carry OWB, but it's too stiff for my liking for iWB/AIWB.

I'll wear the Kore when I need to tuck in my shirt.

I still have my Mean Gene belts, but they stay in the closet. Leather belts designed to carry a gun are just too thick for my liking.

Belts with infinite/almost infinite adjustability are great. I won't even bother with traditional holed belts anymore.

Comment

I wear a groove belt daily. But I rarely carry with it on. In my opinion it is a little flimsy to carry with, but it is the most comfortable and convenient belt I have ever owned.

Comment

Using a Kore leather and also use the stiff tactical style I like the leather for daily wear its just more comfortable

Comment

Nexbelt EDC is the best I have found to date.

Comment

I wear one everyday. The belt is plenty rigid to carry a pistol, not floppy. I don’t think I’d wanna carry 25 pounds of junk on anything less than a thick leather belt; this is definitely not made for that kind of duty. It ain’t going to accidentally come off either, which was my concern with the magnetic buckle.

Comment

In for the comments.

Comment

Working...
                            X