• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
    its in ole Mexico by now
    Yep. Southbound.

Comment

Hate a thief.

Comment

Like other people have said, the diesel 4X4s usually get the seat removed, once across the boarder. Then they make a run back north loaded down with illegals or drugs.

I used to write a lot of estimates on those jobs. Quite often, DPS and or BP would chase them, they would take off through a barbed wire fence, then try to see how far up in the mesquite they could get before the truck won't go any more. They would often have them jammed between numerous mesquite trees, to the point the doors won't open. When they do that, to a Chevy, the bend the tops of the door frames out and bail. Almost every Chevy truck I got that was torn up, the tops of the doors were folded at a 90 degree angle. The window would not be broken. The Fords would be scratched to hell and back, dented fenders, ECT., but no folded doors.

I bet there are a ton of King Rang back seats being used as benches down in Mexico, along with all of the other types of seats. I swear I wrote a lot more estimates on King Ranch F250s and F350s, than any other type of truck.

Comment

I’ll keep an eye out

Comment

Originally posted by TexanTiger View Post
            I had mine stolen 4 weeks ago in San Antonio. Friday a week ago the insurance settled with me. The following Monday at 2am the police called and found it near the border. They were using it to run illegals most likely. Truck was trashed but in ok condition, but I had already signed my title over to insurance so nothing I could do about it.
            This is pretty much what happened to me. Cashed the check and it was found the next day in southwest Houston. Waited 8 weeks to see if it would show up.

OP, sorry this happened to you. It sucks for sure.

Comment

Robby C, any updates? what part of Corpus? We just moved my youngest son into TAMUCC last week. Looks like we have a mutual friend. She texted me today and told me that her friends truck was stolen in Corpus, I asked her if it was a Black F250 she said yes.
              I told her that I saw it posted here and I notified my son to be on the look out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                Sure wish we would start cutting hands off.
                ^^Just for starters, 2nd violation public hanging!!
                Good luck OP

Comment

Ihave one just like that in red, F250, V10. brush guard, little dent where the truck hit our pipe gate entrance. the 17 passengers ran down the driveway, with high fencing on both sides. Senor Glock stoppped them all. BP came and picked them up, Now i have a free truck to pay for the damages to our pipe gate entrance. I will keep an eye out, so many chases, I wish they would just use an A10 on IH35 to stop the chases. Cut down on the damages, and the unpaid hospital bills, and unfortunatley, the deaths of Americans due to the driving of the smugglers.

Comment

Originally posted by tx10pt View Post
                    Robby C, any updates? what part of Corpus? We just moved my youngest son into TAMUCC last week. Looks like we have a mutual friend. She texted me today and told me that her friends truck was stolen in Corpus, I asked her if it was a Black F250 she said yes.
                    I told her that I saw it posted here and I notified my son to be on the look out for it.

My son (Garrett) stays at The Cottage's ( I believe formally known as Aspen). I appreciate all that are looking out for it but I haven't heard anything from the PD. Of course the apartment security guard was not around and the security cameras were not working due to the rain a couple weeks ago. Send me a PM with the friends name and I'll let him know.

Not looking forward to trying to come up with a settlement with the insurance company.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                      Sure wish we would start cutting hands off.
                      You spelled "heads" wrong.

Comment

The truck was recovered in Corpus, condition is unknown but doesn't sound bad from how the impound person described it. I will find out Wednesday when I head down there to release it to the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Robby C View Post
                          The truck was recovered in Corpus, condition is unknown but doesn't sound bad from how the impound person described it. I will find out Wednesday when I head down there to release it to the shop.
                          That is surprising!! Glad they found it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robby C View Post
                            Wow, that's great. I hope it won't be much to repair.

Comment

Great news... Did they get the SOB that stole it?

I had a device installed on my F250 from a company called Ravelco might consider that.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

Comment

Sweet! I wasn’t expecting the news but clicked and checked anyway. Congrats! (I hope anyway)

Comment

Working...
                                X