Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been to General Sams off-road park?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A guy I work with goes regularly. He loves it, but he is a serious Florida redneck mud truck dude.

Comment

Yes I am the official photographer for General Sam's..
      Was there last weekend.The trails are bad.Monster trucks have made some areas impossible to get thru.
      A winch is a must!
      Be prepared to get muddy and wet,but have alot of FUN.

Comment

Any last minute tips or comments?

Comment

I'd love to head out there for Muddy Gras, but our whole crew decided on going to Mud Buddy's for their Muddy Gras. Wont be near as exciting, but oh well.

Comment

So today I started getting the truck ready for this weekend. I replaced the u-joints, changed the windshield wipers and changed the oil and filter. While driving it to check the u-joints it felt like the tranny had a slight slip in it. Crawled under an unscrewed the drain plug and what looked like milk flowed out!!!! So now I had to check everything of course. Transfer case was low just had to add but the read end was milky too. All I can think is when it flooded at the lease I had the truck "boating" thru like 3' of water. Must have sucked some water thru a breather line or something. So my buddy is gonna bring a pump over tomorrow to finish filling everything and we should be good. You gotta love these old trucks and transmissions. I must have drove 200 miles with water in my tranny and rear end. Any truck now a days would have been stranded. No telling how long I could have drove it like that.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I'd be making sure nothing is rusted inside...

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                  I'd be making sure nothing is rusted inside...

With the age on this truck the only time I will be dropping that tranny is to put another one in. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                    With the age on this truck the only time I will be dropping that tranny is to put another one in. Lol.
                    Yeah, once they get a certain age or time between maintenance, it is best to leave them alone. Sometimes it is the dirt/rust, etc that is holding them together.

Comment

Muddy Gras!

Had a great time, it was PACKED, biggest turn out yet. Didn't hear of anyone acting a fool and starting trouble, so that is a big win!

Can't wait for the next one, the 2 hours of pressure washer work, was worth it!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bowwiz View Post
                        Yes I am the official photographer for General Sam's..
                        Was there last weekend.The trails are bad.Monster trucks have made some areas impossible to get thru.
                        A winch is a must!
                        Be prepared to get muddy and wet,but have alot of FUN.

Good meeting you out there. When are you uploading the pics to the website?

Comment

looks like fun

Comment

I turned in the pics already.They should be up on General Sam's website by the weekend..

Comment

Working...
                            X