Plumbing question - removing PVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    Thanx foks. Was thinking drimmel, but may give the screw driver a try as well.

And...yeah it'll utube it. On the road now. Dang 1.25 inch fittings are scarce.
    Put valve in a vice. Take the screwdriver, place it between the top of the fitting and the above the first thread and angle it so that you're driving it towards the center. Do this at 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees around the fitting. It should pop loose and then you can unscrew it with your hand.

Comment

If it's small diameter just cram the larger side jaw of a pair of channel locks in and un thread that way

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Others have provided solid advice. I'm going to say a skidsteer with a mulching head just because those are bad arse and everybody should have one.
        I’ll try this next time, sounds fairly easy!

Comment

Take a hack saw blade, make 2 or 3 cuts in the pvc almost to the threads. Take a small flat head screw driver and pry the fitting out in pieces. Another option is to heat up a rod and roll it around the fitting until the fitting gets soft, use a screw driver to pry it out. I had the pvc break off in my check valve also, used the hack saw blade to get the old fitting out. Had to totally redo all the pvc in my well house this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            Hammer and flat head screw driver might turn it, just don't mess up the threads.
            This method has worked for me a couple times.

Comment

Check valves are cheap. Why not buy a new one? I know parts are back in stock in the Houston area.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                Check valves are cheap. Why not buy a new one? I know parts are back in stock in the Houston area.
                not here in central Texas. I looked and did not see a check valve with opening for pressure switch on top and another opening for the gage on the side.

But, I will be at the water well folks place at 7:00 A.M. tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the parts I need.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  This! I've done it dozens of times.
                  Just did the same thing with my well. Go easy and it should break free.

Comment

Working...
                  X