REM Oil shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REM Oil shortage

A friend recently purchased a different gun oil bc REM Oil wasn’t available at Academy. He was told when Remington was bought out that it was not available anymore?
    True?

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
    A friend recently purchased a different gun oil bc REM Oil wasn’t available at Academy. He was told when Remington was bought out that it was not available anymore?
    True?

True they were bought out. I'm pretty sure they are working on firing up the lines to produce it and ammo.. I had heard it was hard to find but I see its in stock at my WalMart right now

Comment

I’d say it just goes along with the gun shortage, people getting into guns and buying everything related causes the shortage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Vista Outdoor, the new owner of the Remington ammunition plant in Lonoke, is recalling workers and getting production at the facility geared up to meet nationwide demand.

Comment

Walmart had some where i live last week.

Comment

I’ve switched over to Amsoil products for my firearms.

Comment

Waiting to see Rem oil for $100/can.

Comment

Perhaps they’re not making it anymore due to it being an inferior product......only thing I’d use it for is the guts in fishing reels. That stuff dries up faster than any oil I’ve ever seen.

Jake

Comment

Was a hard find for 3 wks for me. I was fortunate one morning getting some ammo and a case of the large cans came out mixed with Ammo. I have seen it daily now at Walmart after I scored some.

Comment

Synthetic motor oil is probably the best oil you can use on your guns and it cost next to nothing compared to few ounces you get of gun oil.

Comment

Good info here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarleton Jake View Post
                        Perhaps they’re not making it anymore due to it being an inferior product......only thing I’d use it for is the guts in fishing reels. That stuff dries up faster than any oil I’ve ever seen.

Jake

Odd as it seems, after I clean my barrels with Hopps#9 to where mostly clean,
                        then run rem oil through it seems to find another layer of powder That Hopps couldn't find. I let a very light layer of Rem sit but never notice them too dry as I use them often enough to not notice.

Tried to get some at bass pro, first time I've seen the shelf empty. Running low

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post

Thats interesting, will give the Mobile 1 synthetic a try

Comment

Check Amazon. They have all types of gun oils.

Comment

I would be surprised if they made it,someone probably makes and packages it. I switched and started using Lucas synthetic oil. Super good stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X