Frozen Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen Flag

Old Glory frozen stiff, but still beautiful!
    Attached Files

Felt like that flag on more than one occasion sleeping in those old canvas army tents with nothing more than two wool blankets and a poncho to wrap up in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      Felt like that flag on more than one occasion sleeping in those old canvas army tents with nothing more than two wool blankets and a poncho to wrap up in.
      You old

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

My uncle did that in Germany.
        Said between the wool and the cold, he couldn'ttake it anymore. He volunteered for Nam so he could get out of it.
        Combat was better than freezing to death in a wool blanket .

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
          You old

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
          I know

Comment

OLD? Heck those old wool blankets kept us warm in those days, but today things have changed....Those army tents in Korea with coal furnace still made for a cold night sleep.

Comment

Thank you for your service

Comment

Can’t thank you enough for your service!

Comment

Thanx for allowing me to serve

Comment

Mine too. Frozen and faded.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your service!!

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the picture, it's incredible! Even in the bitterest frost, our flag has stood and will stand! I can't even imagine what it would look like to hang a solar flag pole light on it in this frozen state. Just to look at this picture at night. Pure fairy tale, and how the ice would give off its reflections into the already beautiful flag. I will show this picture to the whole family, and most likely print it out to hang above my workplace. The photo helps me think that if the flag stands, our people will stand all the more so forever!
                        Last edited by AmyJUW; 07-27-2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Being 45 years old and not coming from a military family, growing up I knew I was blessed to live here but as I have gotten older I clearly have a better understanding of the sacrifices that were made for me to live free day to day. I'm truly thankful for all men and women that have served to protect my freedom and the American Flag!!! I just hope with everything going on in the county today that when push comes to shove enough patriots stand up to defend Old Glory. That is one gorgeous flag!!!!!

Comment

^^^ well said Sir.

Comment

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Cool pic that I was able to capture during Ice-pocalypse last February.

Comment

Working...
                              X