Did you get insulated alphaburly boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get insulated alphaburly boots?

Did you get insulated alphaburly boots? I want to buy some but not sure if I will regret buying the 800 G insulated alphaburly‘s or if I ought to get the non-insulated ones. My feet get cold easy but it’s not cold in Texas very often.

My feet get cold easily so I wish I got an insulated boot years ago. I wouldnt want them for every day use.

Comment

I have the alphaburly 1000G. I do not think they are too hot but they are a lot heavier than I would like them to be. It was too much trouble to exchange so I just kept them but if I could do it over I would probably get the non-insulated.

Comment

800 ain't very hot when temp hits rainy cold 40's......but I don't tolerate cold feet well. I have uninsulated for warmer times however.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Get both.

Comment

My feet get cold no matter what I do because they sweat no matter what. I’ve even tried spraying them with antiperspirant. It helps a little.
            The lacross alpha burly in 1600 are the best I’ve tried so far.

Comment

I have 1000g insulated Mucks, but I just ordered a pair of uninsulated Lacrosse Aerosport snake boots. My feet do get cold, but that’s what good wool socks are for. The mucks make my feet sweat most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If they work please let me know! I've spent hundreds of dollars on various boots, wool socks, electric socks, heated insoles, and boot wraps.

Comment

I got uninsulated. My feet freeze hard, but only after they sweat do they get cold. I've found with uninsulated boots I'm less likely to have wet sweaty feet. Rubber boots don't breath well so I'm guaranteed to have wet socks and freezing toes with insulated rubbers.

Comment

I have found that my uninsulated Irish setter rubber boots work very well into the 30s-40s. In fact, I never pulled out my insulated boots this season. A nice pair of wool socks and straight rubbers for me unless it’s just down right cold. And it’s got to be low 20’s to teens for me to start getting a bit uncomfortable.

Comment

I have 800g and 1200g.
                      i prefer the 800g one size bigger and add an extra gel sole and wear wool socks.
                      The 1200g are very heavy and cumbersome to walk in

Comment

I’m thinking I’ll get the insulated ones, and then maybe a set of legrange later if I need them to stay cool.

Comment

I have lacrosse snake boots for early season and warmer temps. Have the 1000g insulated for colder weather. Both work great but both will make my feet sweat on long walks on public land. Wool socks are a must have with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                            The lacross alpha burly in 1600 are the best I’ve tried so far.
                            This ^^ I do all my hunting in Kansas, get the right socks and these boots are all you need.

Comment

The 800gr Alphaburlys have been great to me. So much so that after the first pair wore a hole above the ankles, I bought a second pair. I cut the tops off the pair I wore a hole in above the ankles. And now have a pair that still keep the feet warm. But also sweat less in when walking. I do find that the insulation absorbs a lot of moisture helping to keep my feet drier. I always put them on a boot dryer when I get home to help ensure my feet stay dry for the next day or the next hunt.

Being that the uppers are neoprene, I roll them down when walking. That is how I wore a hole about 6 inches above the ankle before I cut them off there. It's also nice having two pairs now . They do catch a lot of cockle-burrs when rolled down.

My next pair will be the 1200gr or the 1600gr for more stationary type hunts where not as much packing and hiking in is done. As well as colder days like this weekend as an example.

Comment

Working...
                              X