Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2good2Btru View Post
    Guys, I need help on the process of getting a can. First timer, what do I need? Get a trust or just a stamp and so on?

You need a trust of some sort. SilencerShop.com is a great starting place and sells single shot trusts, the stamps, and the suppressors. See where they have a Kiosk and go to the nearest NFA dealer. Kiosk makes the process easy as you can do your fingerprints there and usually those guys can walk you through process and make sure it all goes smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys, I need help on the process of getting a can. First timer, what do I need? Get a trust or just a stamp and so on?
      Xtream guns and Ammo in Richmond helped me last month with my first one. They have everything in shop to do your fingerprints and photo. They will also help you get all of your paper work in the right envelope and let you know where they need to be mailed to. I have the lawyers number for the trust, you will need that to start the process with them. You don’t have to use this particular lawyer but he was very helpful with any questions and had my paper work to me the same day I called him. The guys in the shop were real helpful and will answer your questions.

Comment

I’m new to the process myself, but I read through the threads here to get started. I created my trust using gun trust gurus. Was about $80 dollars. The process was very quick and easy. Printed trust and went and had it notarized. Then went to my local NFA dealer that had a silencer shop elite kiosk. Picked out and purchased my items. Did my fingerprints and photos there, and uploaded all documents. Then went onto the silencer shop website, signed into my account, and purchased the tax stamps for each item. Silencer shop sent me the form 4 for each item, electronically signed the form 4s, and submitted. Now just sitting back and waiting for the process to run it’s course. It was really that simple. I’m sure others that are more versed with the process can answer your questions better than I can.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
          Just ordered a Dead Air Mask 22HD to head to jail. Hope I didn’t screw up as I kept going back and forth between the Q El Camino, Mask, Rugged Oculus, and Thunder Beast 22 TD (not in stock, so ruled out).

The one you bought is awesome! I love mine

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
            You need a trust of some sort. SilencerShop.com is a great starting place and sells single shot trusts, the stamps, and the suppressors. See where they have a Kiosk and go to the nearest NFA dealer. Kiosk makes the process easy as you can do your fingerprints there and usually those guys can walk you through process and make sure it all goes smooth.

Don't limit yourself to kiosk locations only. Many good shops out there without kiosk that are great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have an Omega 9K in jail. Form 4 e-filed for a trust shows currently about 250 days per NFA Tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                Have an Omega 9K in jail. Form 4 e-filed for a trust shows currently about 250 days per NFA Tracker.

Where do you find this tracker? Check was cashed 8/18 and curious on mine.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Comment

no such thing as an e-filed form 4. F4 are paper only.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                      Where do you find this tracker? Check was cashed 8/18 and curious on mine.

From my Make Believe World
                      August submissions have started coming back this month so you are likely less than a month away.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                        no such thing as an e-filed form 4. F4 are paper only.

I used the kiosk system. That isn’t e-file I guess?

Comment

I used the kiosk system. That isn’t e-file I guess?
                          No. Kiosk just lets you do photos and prints and upload it to SS’s system. Saves a lot of time. They still send a paper F4 in.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            No. Kiosk just lets you do photos and prints and upload it to SS’s system. Saves a lot of time. They still send a paper F4 in.
                            remind me how the kiosk saves a lot of time?

Comment

I can bring my wife, my brother, and myself. All to a local store by us and get prints and photos knocked out instead of going to Walgreens or where ever. And not messing with finger print cards. It’s sold a metric ton of NFA stuff for SS setting them up in small volume dealers shops.

I just use Capitol Armory. Get em all done once. They have them. I pick up the phone or buy online. Sign stuff via DocuSign or in person and boom. Off to the great wait again LOL.

I dislike that the kiosks cost sales to small stores without them. But have boosted sales for those with them. Although they get a smaller cut on each deal. Genius marketing by silencer shop.

Comment

I think maybe you assumed I was suggesting it cuts wait time off the approval. It absolutely does not.

Comment

Working...
                                X