No announcement yet.

What trail cam for scouting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've liked the brownings. Was running the dark ops but move to strike force. I do run them 12 mths/year. Seems like 3 years is life. I have one still taking pics but won't keep time or date correct.

Comment

Had no luck at all with the Walmart Tasco.

Academy Muddy for $30 is another story. I have five of them and have not had a problem yet. Batteries are still going from Sept.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

i just went all-in on cuddeback.

i am coming over from bushnell cell cams, i had 3 of the brown aggressor cells, which eventually failed, and then replaced them with 4 impulse (which all have failed and been warranty replaced... twice. the aggressor's modems all eventually failed, and the impulse either the motion sensor failed (and just took pics incessantly night and day) or the IR led array failed. at this point i have 1 bushnell cell cam left, and its decommissioning on the last day of bow season next week.

i bought the G series (dual cell and standard wireless), and my first observations of just reading the manual and looking at options available to be purchased:

1) the LED is array is user replaceable, its actually designed to be swapped from white, standard "red" IR, blackflash, and a dual black/IR module. if this fails, just buy the replacement desired module and field-repair
        2) the cellular-antenna cap is an upgrade option for the standard camera, ie. so available separately. i am making an assumption, but it seems viable that if the modem failed like on my previous cameras, it should in theory also be user replaceable.

Comment

Browning if you actually want to know what is walking by.

Please save your money on anything under $70

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
            Had no luck at all with the Walmart Tasco.

Academy Muddy for $30 is another story. I have five of them and have not had a problem yet. Batteries are still going from Sept.

Did you purchase the 6, 8, or 10MP? I noticed the 10's are way more dependable. But, now impossible to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              Did you purchase the 6, 8, or 10MP? I noticed the 10's are way more dependable. But, now impossible to find.
              I would have to look. I don't even see them on the Academy website any longer. I bought 4.
              Wish I would have gotten 10

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
                These have been good to me so far!
                I got one tried it out in my house this morning. So far all the pics are black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                  Muddy from academy. 30 bucks and have ran them all season.
                  I have 4 of them now, and they are the best cameras I have bought in years. Not to mention that they are priced great

Comment

I have 3 and just bought 2 more Academy has them on sale for 24.99 right now. They are an awesome camera for the price!

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                      I've liked the brownings. Was running the dark ops but move to strike force. I do run them 12 mths/year. Seems like 3 years is life. I have one still taking pics but won't keep time or date correct.
                      Whats the difference between the Dark Ops and Strike Force?

Comment

Muddy 12Mp for 25$ at academy this week.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                          https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mud...dCatid=9504527

Muddy 12Mp for 25$ at academy this week.
                          Heck of a deal on the Muddy's. I just ordered two more. Just because of the price. I have a feeling they will become a unicorn just like the Tasco 10 MP's did.

Comment

I have been using Browning for years. I can usually catch them on sale for less than $100 and most have been great with only a hand full of failures

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff Dog View Post
                              I have been using Browning for years. I can usually catch them on sale for less than $100 and most have been great with only a hand full of failures
                              Bigger retailers might be able to run sales under $100. My current price is 109.99 on strike force but I only have 3 in stock at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                Heck of a deal on the Muddy's. I just ordered two more. Just because of the price. I have a feeling they will become a unicorn just like the Tasco 10 MP's did.
                                Yes they will. Put a $100 camera next to it, and see what all you miss

Comment

Working...
                                X