Drop-In Replacement Trigger for Ruger AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop-In Replacement Trigger for Ruger AR

OK brain trust--I have the rifle and tomorrow plan to mount the thermal and get to the range for a zero time.. Trigger is a 2-stage, about 4.5 lbs.

What's out there, single-stage, adjustable to 3# or so?

You cannot go wrong with the LaRue MBT. IT is not a drop in per say, but just as easy to install. I have a Giesele and a James Madision trigger. This LaRue is the best IMO.
    At $87 you will not find a better trigger. I think even if you spend more, you won't find a cleaner breaking 3-3.5lb trigger.

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger by Larue - Details, specs, manuals, images & videos, read the latest reviews or write your own

Comment

I just put in a 2.5lb CMC and it is awesome.

Comment

Velocity single stage

Comment

CMC
          Geiselle
          Timney
          AR gold
          RRA
          Hyperfire

Comment

If you are dead set on a single stage then skip the Larue. It is a great trigger, but its 2 stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
              I just put in a 2.5lb CMC and it is awesome.
              ^^^^This. I did the same thing and it made a HUGE difference in my Bushmaster.

Comment

I have a rock river in mine and it's like shooting a nail gun.. I'm gonna try one more trigger before I give up on the ar .. I'm use to shooting 1.5 to 2 lb triggers and basically touching the trigger when the cross hair touches the spot I want to hit.. having to " squeeze " the trigger isnt working for me..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                  I have a rock river in mine and it's like shooting a nail gun.. I'm gonna try one more trigger before I give up on the ar .. I'm use to shooting 1.5 to 2 lb triggers and basically touching the trigger when the cross hair touches the spot I want to hit.. having to " squeeze " the trigger isnt working for me..
                  Rock River has a cool sounding name., thats about all. I have one and its barely a step up from a mil issue.

Comment

Another vote for the. Larue mbt

Comment

I have a BTE in my AR. Single Stage 2.5 pounds I believe. I don't like two stage triggers for huntin.

Comment

I'll have a range session Monday and get a feel for the trigger shooting off a rest---and weigh it while at the range. After I shoot, I'll know for sure if I am gonna swap it out.

Thanks for the tips---didn't realize there were that many alternatives available.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          If you are dead set on a single stage then skip the Larue. It is a great trigger, but its 2 stage.
                          Yes, you are correct. My mistake. I need to read these posts a little more precise

Comment

Well--got my range time in yesterday and the trigger sucks--8+ lbs. However, I can control it and shoot it just fine off the rest/bags/bench. Next step is a local 'smith/armorer who may be able to tweak it down to 4+ and if so, I'll shoot it a while before I decide if the trigger swap is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                              Only one trigger comes close, the Timney Calvin Elite 1.5#. You'll never find a AR trigger with zero pretravel and creep because the trigger has to move enough to reset the disconnector. Most of my bolt guns are in the 6oz to 2lb range but I didn't want that light of a trigger in a gun that could possibly be used for self defense. I ended up with an Elftmann Match that I tweaked slightly.

Comment

Working...
                              X