No announcement yet.

Incredible new bow for 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's impressive. I ain't smart enough to know what you did and how it works but I am impressed.

Comment

I'm impressed!

Comment

Man you got balls I’ll give you that. Impressive results. But no way I would put something like that in the hands of my kids for them to use. I’ve seen too many pictures of what happens when limbs explode, no way I could get comfortable with the risk vs the reward.

Thanks for sharing and hope things continue to work as planned for you.

Comment

this is why this isn't crazy or wrong

I hope this explains how this is not changing the brace height like yall think I am and why it is not less forgiving than the original bow
          Attached Files

Comment

Seems logical when you draw it out. Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by zanemanaggie View Post
              I hope this explains how this is not changing the brace height like yall think I am and why it is not less forgiving than the original bow
              You absolutely are shortening the brace height.

Brace height = Distance between the string and deepest part of the grip. However most use the berger hole for this measurement.

However - Who cares. Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post

Brace height = Distance between the string and deepest part of the grip.

!

Yup.....

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
                  Man you got balls I’ll give you that. Impressive results. But no way I would put something like that in the hands of my kids for them to use. I’ve seen too many pictures of what happens when limbs explode, no way I could get comfortable with the risk vs the reward.

Thanks for sharing and hope things continue to work as planned for you.
                  As long as the limbs arent split during the mods..just shorting the limbs actually makes them stiffer = stronger. But it should also increase the poundage. As long as the stiffness keeps pace with the poundage increase there should be no issues.

Comment

Some of you guys seem like a whole lot of fun.

Really cool, OP.

Comment

Brace height = Distance between the string and deepest part of the grip. However most use the berger hole for this measurement.

However - Who cares. Great work!
                      guys i am not arguing that

i am saying that the reason that people think it hurts you in any way as a shoot was how they changed the BH before. the pivot points of the bow are not changed. you hand relative to limb pocket and string angle are virtually identical.

Comment

Honey, I shrunk the kids' bows.

Comment

As long as the limbs arent split during the mods..just shorting the limbs actually makes them stiffer = stronger. But it should also increase the poundage. As long as the stiffness keeps pace with the poundage increase there should be no issues.
                          yes there are a number of things to consider while doing this stuff and having a bow with a LOW enough starting poundage is key.

i have a 5" BH bowtech carbon knight that i have shot for about 4 years now.
                          it started as a 50 and is now a max 72. i shoot about 53-55 pounds and i shoot over 300fps @27.5" draw....
                          Attached Files

Comment

to further explain this
                            when i set up the above carbon knight i set it to the max draw and pounds so it was a 28.5" 72lb bow
                            i shot a 350gr arrow out of it and it shot 332

now that is shooting the full stock power of the bow 2" shorter than stock draw

Comment

Man that is cool. A game changer for kids.
                              It seems like there would be a pretty good market for something like this.
                              I am sure people will keep questioning the safety of it, but looks like you have already put them through the wringer.
                              Impressive work.

Comment

Just clarifying brace height.

With good form brace height is not that important to me. Again great work!

Comment

Working...
                                X