2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

I have received several pm’s asking about a TBH special for 2019, and it has popped up in a few posts recently as well. Are we going to do a 2019 TBH special? Well………Hell yeah!!!!! This is usually the most fun project of the year.

So now that that’s decided, I have NO IDEA what the final build will look like. This is the fun part, figuring it all out. It could be anything from a heavy long range build, to an ultralight hunter, to a chassis based PRS style rig, to a 2 mile ELR rig, to a………………………………………………..whatever we want it to be.

I’m going to say this, 2018 DID NOT run as smoothly as we wanted it to. Lessons were learned as deadlines were being blown repeatedly. I think there are still 3 folks waiting on actions that STILL don’t exist! Out of that mess came new products and new supplier relationships that give us far more control of everything involved from delivery times to overall quality. Some of the new things we have to work with this year are 2 new actions, a new carbon fiber stock, a new steel barrel supplier that hits dates and targets, a better designed bottom metal and possibly a new carbon fiber barrel that is showing a lot of promise. Whatever direction we decide to go, keep in mind that using any of those components will yield quality products, big savings and solid delivery times.

As always we will try to keep whatever this ends up being as affordable as we possibly can. Anybody that can do simple math can add up the parts costs of previous specials and see that we don’t do this deal for the money, as the discounts are beyond significant. It is something we ONLY do here and only for our TBH family. All of that to say…it ain’t going to be as cheap as a factory rifle, but it will be a chance to get a high quality custom build at the best price you are going to find outside of building it yourself.

Here’s my thoughts and I’ll leave it with ya’ll to run with some of your ideas for a while. I’m thinking light weight, all carbon long range hunter. I say that because we already have the 3 main ingredients worked out. Our Hunter action, our carbon fiber barrel and and a vertical grip carbon fiber stock. Should hit somewhere around the 6 1/2 lbs mark. It would look something like this (unfinished and I just threw this together as a mock up to get an idea).

On the other hand…….we have not done a heavy build and we have the new G2 actions coming in soon. Decisions, decisions. Start throwing out your ideas here and let’s see where we land!

Thanks,
    Robert
    Alamo Precision Rifles
    aprifles.com

I would be very interested in an ultra light hunter.

Comment

In for specs on the full carbon rig. That's awesome and exactly what I'm looking for.

Comment

I like it already. I would be interested in a light model as well. 6.5-7 lbs is a good weight. What stock is that in the picture? Can’t wait.

Comment

I'd prefer heavy but in to see what the group comes up with.

Comment

I will be in for the ultralight

Comment

I Like the gun above, will this rifle be capable of 1000-1500 yd range. I would love to have a thumper to reach out there snipetac possibly?

Comment

An ultralight hunter sounds very interesting.

Comment

Let me clarify my opinion. I would love a ultralight but I do not need it to be long range...... already spent too much money on a long range gun. I would be interested in the lightest gun possible.

Comment

I dare you not to chamber it in 6.5 Creedmoor.....

Comment

Originally posted by TXMark View Post
                      I dare you not to chamber it in 6.5 Creedmoor.....
                      That should bring the build total to around.......3?

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        That should bring the build total to around.......3?

Comment

I know this is irrelevant due to a new build but what was the average cost of the 2018 build?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, I’ve been wanting an APR rig for a bit. A light weight long range Hunter would be pretty sweet.

Comment

I’m in (hopefully) for whatever y’all come up with

Comment

Working...
                              X