Best prices for Black Eagle arrows & which ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best prices for Black Eagle arrows & which ones

Who's got the best price on them? Which one would you get Carnivore or Spartan?

Playing with different configurations. First 4 are 300 spine with bottom one being 250 spine. Here's what I have narrowed down to my top 5. Would be used for deer, hog, elk and 3D tournaments in the off-season.

My bow is a 2014 Elite Energy 35 somewhere in the 65-68# range. Draw length is 30" and arrow cut at 31".

Carnivore #1 (with brass insert)
    277fps
    455g arrow
    77.92 KE
    15.52% FOC
    spine good but a little toward weak
    $132 bareshafts + inserts

Carnivore #2 (regular insert)
    285 fps
    427g
    77.38 KE
    13.39% FOC
    spine good/almost perfect on the chart
    $117 for bareshafts

Spartan #1 (without nock bushing)
    276.8 fps
    459g
    78 ke
    13.89% foc
    spine good but a little toward weak
    $146 for bareshafts

Spartan #2 (with nock bushing)
    274.13 fps
    469g
    78.18ke
    12.56%foc
    spine good/almost perfect on the chart
    $146 barshaft

Spartan #3 (250 spine with 75g screw in insert weight, without nock bushing)
    257.41 fps
    565g
    83.05 ke
    17.71% foc
    spine good but toward stiff
    $162 for bareshaft + inserts

I liked the carnivores when I shot them. Get in touch with muddyfuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
      Who's got the best price on them? Which one would you get Carnivore or Spartan?

Would be used for deer, hog, elk and 3D tournaments in the off-season.

My bow is a 2014 Elite Energy 35 somewhere in the 65-68# range. Draw length is 30" and arrow cut at 31".

Spartan #3 (250 spine with 75g screw in insert weight, without nock bushing)
      257.41 fps
      565g
      83.05 ke
      17.71% foc
      spine good but toward stiff
      $162 for bareshaft + inserts
      For hog and Elk, this would be my choice out of all you posted.

I don't know who has the best price, but Muddyfuzzy will make you a complete arrow and it is quality stuff.

That is a long arrow, if you could cut a couple of inches off you could probably build it in a .300 spine and get a little more FOC, and/or use a nock bushing.

Comment

Muddy fuzzy built mine and they're incredible.

30.5" carbon to carbon, helical blazers, insert, and with head they are 460-something grains. I like the speed. My E35 slings these at 330fps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
          For hog and Elk, this would be my choice out of all you posted.

I don't know who has the best price, but Muddyfuzzy will make you a complete arrow and it is quality stuff.

That is a long arrow, if you could cut a couple of inches off you could probably build it in a .300 spine and get a little more FOC, and/or use a nock bushing.
          I have everything to build them at home, saw, square, Fletcher, etc. I enjoy doing it myself. As for length, need a long arrow for a long draw. My draw is 30.5. I could shave a little more off but not enough to matter.

I'll pm Muddyfuzzy about raw shaft prices.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
            I have everything to build them at home, saw, square, Fletcher, etc. I enjoy doing it myself. As for length, need a long arrow for a long draw. My draw is 30.5. I could shave a little more off but not enough to matter.

I'll pm Muddyfuzzy about raw shaft prices.
            So you are just looking for prices on shafts? I thought you wanted price for the whole arrow build.

My choice remains the same, in fact that would be very close to what I shoot.
            500 gr, 18% FOC and 255 FPS. Pigs hate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
              So you are just looking for prices on shafts? I thought you wanted price for the whole arrow build.

My choice remains the same, in fact that would be very close to what I shoot.
              500 gr, 18% FOC and 255 FPS. Pigs hate it!
              Yea sorry wasn't clear. Yes just prices on shafts. I can build them myself.

Your choice is also my favorite.

Comment

Just a question why are you tuning the shaft so long. You could cut a inch off and still be in front of riser if that’s the reason. If you are not worried about broadhead and it will fit into riser you could cut the shaft down to around 28.5. Again just asking

Comment

I second that on the arrow length. Seems a bit long. I have a 29" draw length, and my shaft length without nock, outsert or anything is 26.75" long without any type of overdraw. Just shooting a Hamskea.

I shoot the Deep Impact at 300 grains, a little skinnier than the setups that you have above. Fly great. Shooting with the 68 grain stainless outsert. Very tough arrow. Total weight is 495 grains with a 100 grain point.

I am thinking about trying out the X-Impact which total 425 grains to shave a bit of weight to get a flatter trajectory. The difference in kinetic energy is about 1-2 ft lbs., so their isn't that big of a difference. At 100 yards there is 40" less drop.

Comment

Working...
                  X