Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think S Africa is on the table this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think S Africa is on the table this year?

Well we didn't get to hunt last year and getting worried this summer will be off the table too.
    I saw the new SA travel ban signed into effect.
    Anyone talk to their outfitters?

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
    Well we didn't get to hunt last year and getting worried this summer will be off the table too.
    I saw the new SA travel ban signed into effect.
    Anyone talk to their outfitters?
    Not yet, but I will talk to him next week hopefully. Biden not only is going to destroy this country but others as well!

Comment

I spoke with Peter Tam this morning. They are open for biz. Peter donated a 6 day hunt for a charity clay shoot we hosting on Feb 20. Please check it out and help us get the word out.

Comment

[QUOTE=Honker;15432012]I spoke with Peter Tam this morning. They are open for biz. Peter donated a 6 day hunt for a charity clay shoot we hosting on Feb 20. Please check it out and help us get the word out.

Peter is a great guy !

Comment

According to my buddy in jo-burg, even if they didn't have the travel ban in place it would be almost impossible as it stands right now. They are in a lockdown with no apparent end in sight

Comment

I hope so, we have a trip planned for the end May. The way I see it now is we just have to get tested 72 hours before we return to the states, just like on the way there. The outfitter should be able to arrange testing while in Africa. As long as nothing changes with the ban US citizens should still be able to go and come back.

I think its all just campaign promises he is trying to make good on and all for show. Covid should improve regardless over the next few months and we will see things get better.

I don't think the South Africa economy could take another year of no hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
              According to my buddy in jo-burg, even if they didn't have the travel ban in place it would be almost impossible as it stands right now. They are in a lockdown with no apparent end in sight
              I thought they had lifted the lockdown a while back. There are conflicting stories. Peter Tam says they are open for business and your friend is saying they are locked down.

Comment

Biden is going to ruin anyone who has anything going for them.

Comment

Originally posted by trozy55 View Post
                  I hope so, we have a trip planned for the end May. The way I see it now is we just have to get tested 72 hours before we return to the states, just like on the way there. The outfitter should be able to arrange testing while in Africa. As long as nothing changes with the ban US citizens should still be able to go and come back.

I think its all just campaign promises he is trying to make good on and all for show. Covid should improve regardless over the next few months and we will see things get better.

I don't think the South Africa economy could take another year of no hunting!
                  That was my latest understanding also. Testing going over and coming back. Non issue in Joberg or Cape Town. Mozambique could take a little more planning but I am excited.

Comment

I hate that this is happening as I want to go back again on safari as well though I do not have anything booked at this time.

My only fear right now would be getting back to the states and trusting that you could indeed get a test 72 hours prior to leaving joberg. What would happen if you tested positive over there?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                      I hate that this is happening as I want to go back again on safari as well though I do not have anything booked at this time.

My only fear right now would be getting back to the states and trusting that you could indeed get a test 72 hours prior to leaving joberg. What would happen if you tested positive over there?

You would just to extend your hunt for 2 weeks minimum!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        And you would learn to speak Swahili.

Comment

I like that way of thinking, my boss, not so much! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                            And you would learn to speak Swahili.
                            Depends on your location. In South Africa it would be a cross between Dutch and Flemish!

Comment

I like that plan!

Comment

Working...
                              X