Man Cave/ Trophy/ Game Room Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
    I second the comment about the height of the ceiling. My game room only has 8ft walls and I am very limited to what I can hang on the walls.
    I 3rd that comment! Mine are 10’ and I wish I had at minimum 14’.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      I should have at least 15' for peaks and 12' for wall height.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        Need to get me one of those TBH flags

Comment

Mine is 30 x30 have over 30 mount a a bar and kegerator. Also a bathroom. Works out great for family gatherings also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is 33'x8' and it is the loft in my new home in Rogers. It is absolutely packed! I might be able to add a couple small shoulder mounts or Euros, but not much. I have a lot of Euros, but they are going in the Lodge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	24641478

Name:	thumbnail (2).jpg
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	24641479

Name:	thumbnail (4).jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	24641480

Name:	thumbnail (6).jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	24641481

Name:	thumbnail (7).jpg
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	24641482

Name:	thumbnail (9).jpg
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	24641483

Name:	thumbnail (10).jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	24641484

Name:	thumbnail (12).jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	24641485

Name:	thumbnail (14).jpg
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	24641486

Comment

After building a couple of these all I would add is build bigger than what you think you will need. High walls are great but floor space is a premium when you start adding pedestals & bear rugs, flat skins, etc

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                After building a couple of these all I would add is build bigger than what you think you will need. High walls are great but floor space is a premium when you start adding pedestals & bear rugs, flat skins, etc
                Any recommendations for size?

Comment

Kinda depends on number of animals you plan to put in there. If around 40 or more
                  mounts & up would make at least 1000 sq ft

Comment

Mine is in process

26’x26’ with full bathroom, kitchenette, and small closet.

Top plate is 13’

Peak is 20’ (I think, got verify that)

I have a DIY thread I’ll post shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man Cave/ Trophy/ Game Room Size?

I just finished my man cave room in my house. It is about 16’x14’. I have only hung a few euros so far, and it’s gonna fill up real fast. I think it will be big enough, as I hang mounts all over the house, and not just in this room. If all my mounts had to go in one room, I think I would need a 30x30 space.

The walls are all old fence pickets and the ceiling is old barn tin.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Up

Comment

I took a 20’x50’ space in my shop and it will be a trophy room with a bar in it. The end walls are 16’ and the side walls are 21’. I will get some pictures and add them. I did the walls out of old fence pickets. We are currently using it as our den and dining room while we build our house.

I am putting a 20’x24’ in my house that has 12’ side walls and 22’ end walls. I put plywood behind the Sheetrock on all walls to accommodate mounts anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                            I like that!
                            Yes sir Jason is a beast of a builder. You should check out his house building skills.

Hey Jason when is the next house going up?

Comment

In terms of size, I would ask yourself to imagine the largest space you could possibly ever want...then add at least 25% to that. And keep this in mind: mounts are larger in scale than most other wall-mounted decorative art, and the scale of the space in which it is displayed should complement the scale of your trophies as well. Depending on the dimensions of the room, I would think wall height should be no shorter than 10’ high and an open, vaulted ceiling will creat a cathedral effect, thus drawing you eye upward.

In a room of this size and scale I would consider adding a visual break so that the eye can absorb things in manageable “chunks.” This is easily done by , say, adding a piece of crown molding at wall height all around the room or painting the walls a contrasting colee. This will bring the “lofty” area (the space above the 10’ wall) down to a human scale. All of this will allow you to include all the mounts you want without overwhelming the eye. Built-in shelving and cabinetry are another good way to break up the vast space into manageable portions while providing an area to showcase smaller trophies.

Good luck and let us see pics of the final product.

Comment

Working...
                              X