Thank God For 1 Year of Sobriety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank God For 1 Year of Sobriety

Several months back I posted about my oldest son's battle with a drug addiction and at the time he was 7 months sober. I am happy to share he recently celebrated 1 full year of sobriety. Below is a link to my original post.

In my original post I indicated he felt that God was calling him to work with others who may be struggling with the same issues but didn't really know what that may look like.

He is an avid golfer and very passionate about the game and is trying to put the two together. In addition to his full time job he is starting a golf ministry he is calling Fellowship Golf Tour and his first event is Saturday, December 5th. He is planning 10 tournaments over the next several months with 10% of the proceeds going to Innerfaith Discipleship House, the ministry that helped him with his recovery and the remainder going back into the program. He is planning breakfast beforehand and a short devotional and a time of prayer before each event. He has been very open and transparent about his past and freely shares what he has been through and what God has done in his life by giving his testimony several times already at local churches. At last count he had 30 players committed for the first event.

I am very proud of the progress he has made so far and I am excited about what God has done and has in store for him going forward.

He was put in touch with Todd Gober who has done something similar called Step by Step Golf. Todd has a Youtube channel and interviewed him and if you are interested in hearing a little of his testimony I have inserted the link below.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO1c2s5yWB0"]At the Turn (Episode 5): Amen Corner - YouTube[/ame]

I thank God daily for what he has done and continues to do. Innerfaith Discipleship House is a faith based recovery program that focuses on building a relationship with Jesus Christ, if you or someone you know is struggling with an addiction problem (not just drugs) I can highly recommend this program.

Please pray for his continued sobriety and that he will continue to seek God's will for his life.

God is so good.

Comment

Congrats! and good luck going forward!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Great story, and thanks for following up and sharing. God is good, all the time.

Comment

God is a merciful father. He just need to keep relying on the strength of his heavenly father. It's been 29 years since i had a drink.

Comment

God is so good!! So happy for your son!!

Comment

That is awesome. Keep on keepin' on. Happy for your whole family.

Comment

That's so awesome and a heck of an accomplishment!

Comment

Proud of you!! Keep it up!

Comment

Stay strong Jordan! I’m very proud of you!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Let’s not forget the love and support of his earthly father as well! Great job on all fronts!

Comment

Thanks for sharing some inspiration. G-d is with us but it is sure good to see something awesome right now.

Comment

God's do'n his part and sounds like you are too! Congrats and keep up do'n your part...

Comment

Working...
                              X