No announcement yet.

Academy wait line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left a gun store in Georgetown today. Boxes of 20 rounds of 22-250 were $100. $5 a round? This is getting insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
      Left a gun store in Georgetown today. Boxes of 20 rounds of 22-250 were $100. $5 a round? This is getting insane.
      This type of stuff is why "support mom and pop shops" is lost on so many.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

They don’t have any ammo either. Saw a bag of .223 ammo, 20 rounds FMJ, at a gun store the other day . $49.99 plus tax

From my Make Believe World

Comment

I'm afraid this round may kill many small mom n pop gun stores. They cannot get much inventory to sell, and what they do get no one wants to buy at market price. But if you only have 10 boxes a day to sell, making $5-$10 a box ain't gonna pay the light bill.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            It’s not market price. It’s not costing Academy anymore than it did 6 months ago. People have lost their minds, you would think they would have learned their lesson after the last 3-4 “ammo scares”. But I think it only makes it worse.

Well that’s not correct, Winchester alone has gone up 6 separate times on price in the last year alone. That’s for buying direct from Winchester as a retailer or distributor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was in a mom and pop today and bought a couple cases of 20 gauge dove load.
              $8 a individual box, 5% discount if you bought a case, a little high but not too bad.
              Went and looked at their Pmags.
              $59.99 for a 20rnd Ar-10 mag.
              $54.99 for a 20rnd Ar-15 mag.
              Almost fell over .

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                They don’t have any ammo either. Saw a bag of .223 ammo, 20 rounds FMJ, at a gun store the other day . $49.99 plus tax

From my Make Believe World
                Were you in Longview by chance lol?
                We have a store here doing that.
                Ball ammo to, nothing good.

Comment

Academy at Vance Jackson and 410 had tons of 9's yesterday. I got my 3 boxes and got back in line. It was well after 9 o'clock. Employee came out and asked me to leave. Said someone complained.

Comment

Oh my, the rules we should have learned in kindergarten.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      I was in a mom and pop today and bought a couple cases of 20 gauge dove load.
                      $8 a individual box, 5% discount if you bought a case, a little high but not too bad.
                      Went and looked at their Pmags.
                      $59.99 for a 20rnd Ar-10 mag.
                      $54.99 for a 20rnd Ar-15 mag.
                      Almost fell over .
                      Wow.

$17.99 on 30rnd Ar-15 Gen 3 at Sportsmans Guide, and in stock.

Comment

Yesterday around noon I walked into an academy store and they has all kinds of ammo and no line. I got 2 boxes of fmj 9mm for $15 per box. They had a lot of 6.5cm even hornady black at normal prices.

It's out there and not everyone is flipping it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Academy at Vance Jackson and 410 had tons of 9's yesterday. I got my 3 boxes and got back in line. It was well after 9 o'clock. Employee came out and asked me to leave. Said someone complained.

That sucks that someone had to go and complain about that. The one on research in austin will let you go through the line as many times as you please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was in academy the other day to buy a scope mount for my muzzleloader. During checkout the kid mentioned what days they get ammo and said to get here early because of the line. I didn’t say much besides thanks. I thought to myself glad I don’t have to do that.

Comment

I went to my local academy yesterday to pick up some new polarized Maui Jims and thought about this post. The shelves were pretty bare as everyone mentioned, but it was around 2 oclock. I did buy 12, yes.......12 boxes of 28 gauge for $11 per box. I am sure things will level out but I tend to live on the positive side of life!

Comment

Standing in line is for the birds.

Comment

Working...
                                X