Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think S Africa is on the table this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
    I hate that this is happening as I want to go back again on safari as well though I do not have anything booked at this time.

My only fear right now would be getting back to the states and trusting that you could indeed get a test 72 hours prior to leaving joberg. What would happen if you tested positive over there?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’d be willing to bet those PH will have that testing process locked down. They are hurting bad right now. Now if you test positive....you are probably stuck for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      I thought they had lifted the lockdown a while back. There are conflicting stories. Peter Tam says they are open for business and your friend is saying they are locked down.
      I could have misunderstood him. A good friend of mine passed away yesterday in Jo-burg and I was discussing funeral arrangements with the family there. When I asked what they were planning they said they couldn't have a funeral anytime soon because of the lockdown. Maybe they are restricting gatherings... can't speak on the situation beyond that
      Last edited by tradman; 01-26-2021, 09:09 PM. Reason: Poor grammar!

Comment

I think S.Africa is a hard pass this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RibcageX View Post
          I think S.Africa is a hard pass this year.
          Not if i can help it and get it done. Had to pass last year and I am not getting any younger and with major shoulder surgery this past Nov, I am just hoping I can get back to shooting 70#'s by July or later as my target animal is a Cape Buffalo with a bow followed by a Sable. Already have my set up, arrows, bow and BH's!

Comment

My ph has been communicating with me over the last few days trying to convince me to come in August, he says they are open and will be hunting, I have waited to kill a few high end animals and he says now is the time, going to be some deals on some good animals.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
              My ph has been communicating with me over the last few days trying to convince me to come in August, he says they are open and will be hunting, I have waited to kill a few high end animals and he says now is the time, going to be some deals on some good animals.
              That's what I am told, I hope to hunt for buff.

Comment

Buff with my bow is next for me. Maybe it will work out to get a good deal this summer.

Comment

There is a discussion about this happening right now on africahunting.com. Outfitters are setting up testing for hunters. Someone posted a graphic from Limcroma explaining procedures.

Comment

Supposed to be going to Tanzania in June.

Comment

Some great deals everywhere in Africa. Last year year at DSC, I scheduled a trip to RSA and Zim for this coming August. My oldest finished grad school and the middle will be starting grad school, neither can afford a delayed return.

We'll probably push the trip out a year. The outfitters have been great to work with, unfortunately they're simply trying to stay afloat. We'll make a hard decision late spring.

My biggest concern is a last minute outbreak causing an issue with returning stateside. I'm sure Uncle Joe and Kamala will have Covid eradicated from the earth by the summer, but I'm hedging my bets just a little.

Comment

Scheduled to go in late May, flying into J'burg.

Comment

What is the story with the vaccine and international travel? Is the new administration going to require a vaccine requirement for international travel? I had heard that rumor several times now.

Comment

It ain't looking good.. This crap is putting a hurting on some folks in the hunting industry and taxidermy industry.. I hate t say it but I would not gamble with any big money, non refundable, deposits with this idiot in the oval office... I know a few who already have.. I sure hope it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              What is the story with the vaccine and international travel? Is the new administration going to require a vaccine requirement for international travel? I had heard that rumor several times now.
                              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bxkoZBXgiQ"]U.S. begins requiring negative Covid test for entry into the country - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I just got off the phone with my buddy in Jo-Burg. His explanation to me is that hunting is still being allowed even in the "Stage 3" lockdown because they are not shutting down things that "have an economic impact". So all of their airports and sea ports remain open, BUT all of the borders are closed. If you fly into South Africa you would not be able to hunt in Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, etc...

So YES hunting is still being allowed, when the U.S. lifts the travel ban to South Africa you can go hunt in the country you land.

I am just a messenger! Don't burn me at the stake if you are hearing something conflicting to this information.

Comment

Working...
                                X