Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just like last year - anyone else trying to save their season the last weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m right there with you. I’ve only spent 3 nights at the lease all season. Luckily ours goes til the 17th so I have a few more chances.

Comment

Well, I had a bobcat leisurely stroll by at 20 yards which was cool but no deer this evening

Comment

Sounds like me every year! Until 2020 when I shot a buck on opening weekend of general season for the first time ever. Didn’t get much time hunting this season otherwise so very grateful for my luck this time round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve done well this season! I’ve used 4 out of 5 tags in my license and 3 MLD tags, and gotten one axis doe..........all with my Primal Tech recurve. Sat this afternoon to try to fill that last doe tag, but no luck. I have 2 more weeks to try to get a doe here at the house.

BIsch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Going out this afternoon to verify zero on the ML and then tomorrow I'll start after a doe or two to finish off.

Comment

Sitting in my little ground blind until dark. It’s pretty windy out so I’m just gonna see what unfolds.

Comment

Same for me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                  Had some tag soup for dinner tonight. Hoping my son can fill the freezer in the next couple weeks.
                  Same here. Or I'll use the ML.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

My freezers are overflowing with venison. And, my taxidermist is very happy. Maybe my best season ever. Looking forward to some squirrel hunting.

Comment

Unfortunately Ive been way too busy this year to make it out to the ranch. Went out last Sunday for the first time all season, came home NYE.

Had quite a bit of movement in the mornings, kinda slow in the evening. Bucks were chasing does at what I’m guessing is the tail end of the rut. Didn’t see anything old enough to shoot, but it was nice to get out and hunt.

I’m going to try and make at least one more trip before the end of the season if I can clear a few things out.

Comment

I got a buck the past 2 seasons on the 1st and 2nd weekends and my son spent the rest of the season hunting with no success. Well..... the tides turned this season in his favor and he tagged out with his biggest buck ever on the 2nd day of the season and I spent the rest of the season in search of a mature buck to no avail. I retired in September and was looking forward to lots of hunting and that`s exactly what I got. I had lots hunts where I saw 10-15 deer and but never a mature buck. I ended up with 8 hogs and 1 Yote. I even went 2 hours earlier to hunt yesterday afternoon hoping for a Hail Mary, but that didn`t help either. Had a great time though.

Comment

Tag soup for me I guess. Lol. My grandson got his biggest buck ever the early youth weekend. We'll be back out the next two weekends.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I was hoping to get some hunting in this weekend, but it did not happen. I had to work Saturday. Then turns out my feeder has been empty since sometime last week. I bought corn and never had time to fill the feeder. Then Sunday, we wound up taking a unexpected trip out of town and did not get home till last night. So my last weekend hunt did not happen.

Comment

It was a fun sit. None of my target bucks showed up, but I got to watch rut activity by a couple of the jv team bucks.

Now if I could just get a hog to show up.

Comment

I've been bow hunting throughout the entire season. I'm disappointed in not getting a big buck, for the second year in a row. And the deer have really been out and about the past few days. I'm out of venison. So, I'm looking to take a doe or management buck in the two week extended season.

Comment

Working...
                                X