"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
    I get up there three or four times a year, one usually being the GRXH and usually move pigs. Hunting solo is about as tough as it gets at Granger.
    No kidding. I am not the best hunter in the woods, but I can usually get in on game. Hogs are a new game to me, but I was able on several occasions I was able to stalk within 40 yards of deer out there (still outside my range).

Comment

Yep. Talk about suck! Yall are making want to get back out there though. Maybe after I sausage up all the hog meat in my freezer.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just saw a sounder of 35-40. Moving north. Moving fast. All sizes available. Guess I start trying to catch up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm almost always solo and see/hear hogs with out shots. Mostly moving straight away as I bust 'em out. Maybe I should practice my lob shot. Trying to drop an arrow in as they sprint away!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
            I'm almost always solo and see/hear hogs with out shots. Mostly moving straight away as I bust 'em out. Maybe I should practice my lob shot. Trying to drop an arrow in as they sprint away!!!
            I must just be hunting the wrong spots. I have found some tracks, dropping, and rooting areas, but only one hog.

Comment

Granger makes us all pay our dues. It'll go from feast to famine at the drop of a hat. You'll get into hogs every trip for months on end, and just when you think you understand it, the magic ends and it's time to pay more dues.

Comment

This ^^^^^^^

Comment

Ok I want the magic to begin? If only for a brief moment. Just funnin but Only hogs for me was one spooked out of dense ragweed last year and a group of 4 while fishing. Last year mass of sign. SOoo I felt good. This year Very Little sign. I love walking the areas but spent an hour scraping the clay from my boots due to last trip, drizzzlin. Does UBER give rides to cover more territory? I am going to shoot a squirrel with a serious broadhead and wear that sucker as a bloody hat. (Wait, than the yotes will see me as dinner?)

Comment

If it was easy we'd soon lose interest, the challenge and ticks is what keeps us on our toes. I've taken a couple, but usually its a nice hike or kayak ride in, a long walk around and good excuse for a camping trip.

Comment

Another Texas heart shot at 7 yards in a thick brush. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201228_140223.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	24639875Click image for larger version

Name:	20201228_141701.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	24639876

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice, congrats

Comment

Dang Carnage, that Toelke longbow looks good. Nice work on the pig too.

Comment

Oh dang, carnage back at it! Hopefully you save some pigs for the rest of us

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
                                Another Texas heart shot at 7 yards in a thick brush. [ATTACH]1034251[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1034252[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

“The man” is back. Now there’s definitely no hogs left at Granger or won’t be in short order.

Congrats Carnage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X