PSA on heaters in stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA on heaters in stands

Read on another site where a grandfather lost his granddaughter. They were hunting and she was in her own stand with a propane heater running and passed away from the fumes.

The same has happened in travel trailers to hunters over the years - be smart - get an alarm and make sure fresh air can get in.

Yep, always crack a window. especially if you start feeling light-headed.

Comment

I always have by deer stand heaters running with the windows open. in our deer lease trailer we do have a carbon monoxide detector in it. always have to be safe.

Comment

I heard about this. Tragic for sure.

Comment

That's terrible!

Comment

That's why I always used an electric heater in my camper.

Comment

Always crack a window open

Comment

Man...none of our stands are are tight enough to even need a window open.

That is a tragic loss.

Comment

Carbon monoxide detector will not help you if the blind is sealed up to tight, it's usually the lack of oxygen that gets folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Carbon monoxide detector will not help you if the blind is sealed up to tight, it's usually the lack of oxygen that gets folks.
                    You are absolutely correct.

Comment

Tragic-- I feel for that man.

Comment

Hate to hear this several years ago i lost two friends propane heater in a truck bed with a camper shell

Comment

Horrible tragedy

Comment

yes sir - I was referring to a travel trailer for the alarm

Comment

Never really thought of it like this. I’m assuming this wouldn’t be the case in a travel trailer due to the vents?

I won’t hardly use gas in my trailer unless I have to.

Pertaining to the Carbon monoxide detector that is.
                              Last edited by TheHammer; 11-18-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X