Texas Law Shield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Law Shield?

Anyone use this? I used to have it and forgot and I guess my membership lapsed. Now I’m wondering if it’s worth it, it’s a pretty nominal expense

I have had it since I got my LTC about 10 years ago. It renews automatically every year.

Comment

very worth it when you need it I'd bet

Comment

I have had TX Law Shield for many years. They have a great network of educational opportunities, and keep me informed of new Texas laws. I am glad I have them and hope I never need them.

Comment

You need to read the fine print. I didn’t see a reason for me to join.

Comment

About like pet insurance. Waste of money.

Just self insure.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
              About like pet insurance. Waste of money.

Just self insure.
              Hail to the YA!

Comment

I am a member.

Has any on here had to use them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy an umbrella policy if you don’t have one.

Comment

Did some research on it when I got my LTC, wasn't worth the money to me. Better off just finding a lawyer to hand a retainer too and keep his card handy just in case.

Comment

I have it, better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Comment

Originally posted by ren087 View Post
                        Ditto! Thats why my wife and I have it also!

Comment

Originally posted by ren087 View Post

That’s exactly what their business model is.

Seeing as shooting by carriers rarely occur, they are making bank off what-if scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                            You need to read the fine print. I didn’t see a reason for me to join.
                            Was there anything in particular in there that you didn't like. I'm not a member, but would like to know what turned you off.

Comment

I’ve been a Tx LawShield member for years. There are a lot of similar concealed carry insurance companies out there and it’s worth doing your home work before deciding. Do you travel to other states? TLS covers about 19 states, others cover all 50. I believe CCW Safe is the only carrier to successfully defend a self-defense charge trough a full murder trial. Member was acquitted and the cost was several hundred thousand dollars paid by CCW safe. https://ccwsafe.com/

Here’s a resource for comparing carriers. It’s a comparison of legal protection plans. https://www.vcdl.org/Legal-Plans

Comment

Working...
                              X