No announcement yet.

African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly hate to hear all of this about Lammie and Dare to Bowhunt. I took my family there a few years ago and it was absolutely an awesome hunt, lodge, experience, perfect in every way. I would have highly recommended it in every way until I just read this. Are there any other bad reviews on him? Just wondering if something is going on that's out of the ordinary. I think I got the referral to him off of here? So sorry that yall had a bad first African experience.

Comment

I would pay him a dime. Hope you took some good pictures!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

consult a lawyer and have a discussion.

Comment

Sad to hear this bad experience with Lammie. Me and 2 other buddies booked with him and went over to the Zululand lodge last year and had a blast. Between the 3 of us I think we shot 29 animals total, I would have highly recommend hunting with him to anybody and all the reviews that I have ever read were all positive. Most of the reviews that I read came from this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
            So, Lammie lives in Texas and is an African hunt broker that sold you a hunt that included a certain animal package, at an agreed upon price that actually did not exist? And furthermore miss-represented lodging via photos in a message that can be displayed?

And....he is threating to file suit against you for breach of contract/payment?????

Rwc

When we hunted with him last year he physically lived in South Africa with his family. And to our knowledge always has. I do remember him saying that he was thinking about selling that ranch though. He was planning on moving to the states because his two little girls were getting older and starting school. (Wife is from the states)

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              Whatever you do, don't let someone threatening litigation scare you. I'd send him a certified check for the exact amount that was agreed originaly upon, with a letter from my lawyer stating if the animals weren't recieved he'd get that court date he was so desperately looking for
              This

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                He can keep the animals. You can save the funds for a real trip. For those that paid, that sucks.
                I would agree, but I shot a Red Duiker with my bow that will be in the top 10 in the world. I would like that one back, but I don’t want it back badly enough to trust him to do the right thing with my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                  Sad to hear this bad experience with Lammie. Me and 2 other buddies booked with him and went over to the Zululand lodge last year and had a blast. Between the 3 of us I think we shot 29 animals total, I would have highly recommend hunting with him to anybody and all the reviews that I have ever read were all positive. Most of the reviews that I read came from this board.

I had heard nothing but good things as we. That was the reason for choosing him. Unfortunately he made several bad decisions on our hunt. I’m sure those were due to him selling his property, but I can’t take the short end of the stick for it. Desperate people do desperate things and I think Lammie bit off a little more than he could chew with this one.

Comment

Sounds like he should be the one worried. I'd say bring it on buddy!

Comment

You may have to get lawyers involved. He misrepresented the services you purchased. You should be taking him to court. If it were me, he'd be lucky to get the original price quoted. You paid for things that were not available, and he knew this. In my opinion, that contract is void. It's time for you to play hard ball with him.

Comment

Cody,

Do you have the PH's contact info from your hunt? If so, reach out to him and ask him where the animals are. If Lammie doesn't have property there anymore then chances are they are still sitting with the PH waiting to go to the Dip and Ship. Maybe they already went there, if so Lammie shouldn't have any control over the animals any longer and you may not have to worry about that.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get it straightend out. Sad situation.

Comment

That sucks man.

Comment

Vacation ruined! I agree with others, the guy is bluffing. I would be willing to bet he likely has financial problems and cannot afford to lawyer up anyway, even if he had a leg to stand on. Good luck, don't be bullied.
                              Last edited by Kdog; 08-30-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Maybe some mail fraud on his part as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X