Stop grinding deer shoulders- Mississippi pot roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
    Finally got around to cooking one today. 3.87# beef round rump roast. The wife said it was the only beef roast they had. Not much fat, so I'm hoping it will be as tender as the ones posted above. Not sure how important it was to have sliced peppers, but she bought whole ones. I cut them up with the kitchen scissors, so I had to add another step to the easy recipe.
    I've used whole and sliced, no difference in the final product.

Comment

I think I will try this on a Nilgai neck roast!

Comment

I did this thing yesterday with some Axis stew meat and Axis smoked sausage... KILLER!

I added some jalapenos and baby carrots and a big red onion. I did hit it with a bit of garlic powder, sea salt and ground black pepper. I forgot to put the butter in but I can't see how it woulda been much better than it was. I came inside from working outside all hangry from waiting for it to get done enough to try and I burned my mouf wolfin' it down after the first taste!

Comment

I just put a deer neck in the crockpot with these ingredients we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
            I just put a deer neck in the crockpot with these ingredients we will see.

Well how’d it turn out?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              Well how’d it turn out?

Sierracharlie out…
              x2

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                Well how’d it turn out?

Sierracharlie out…
                Turned out pretty good. You don't get as much meat as you would think from a good sized neck. It was good though. Definitely will do it again instead of throwing the neck away. Meat just came right off the bone using a fork to scrape it out.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                  Turned out pretty good. You don't get as much meat as you would think from a good sized neck. It was good though. Definitely will do it again instead of throwing the neck away. Meat just came right off the bone using a fork to scrape it out.

Awesome thanks for the update.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I'm definitely going to do it again. I think I'm going to flip it over about half way through. It was really good the second day after sitting in the juices.

Comment

gonna try this if i use a jar of the peppers will it be too hot for 5 year old's to eat? or does the heat disappear?

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
                        gonna try this if i use a jar of the peppers will it be too hot for 5 year old's to eat? or does the heat disappear?

Thanks!!

When I made it I used about 5 sliced peppers and a small amount of the juice for heat. There was enough I could taste it but my 6 year old had no problem eating it.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

We made this the other night with a pork roast, it was very good. It is not spicy in the least we added the whole jar of peppers and juice ,I would say kids could eat it easily. Next time I am going to add some jalapeño and a bit of habanero. How are you guys eating it, out of a bowl ? We did street tacos with sour cream and guacamole. Going to make some to take down javelina hunting. I am not a roast guy either, but this was very good, and simple.
                          Last edited by critter69; 01-19-2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the information! I started with have the jar and a 1/4 cup of juice. will continue to bump it up to meet their ability to tolerate the heat..

Comment

We did this......and it was really, really good. I will say more is not always better with the peppers. We probably put in too many subscribing to the if a few is good than more is better and it was a little overpowering....still good but lost a lot of the pot roast appeal. It was more like peppers flavored with a little pot roast..

Even still, it was good enough to make the rotation though with less peppers

Comment

The peppers aren’t really hot but they can get to tart if you put to many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X