Flush Cutting to the Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flush Cutting to the Wall

I am needing to replace the wrap around deck on our ranch cabin. The deck is one large "slab" of tongue and groove that runs from the outside to the inside of the cabin with the walls sitting on top of the tong and groove.

My issue is I need to cut the 2" tong and groove flush with the wall around the perimeter of the cabin. I've looked at Toe Kick Saws but can't find one that will cut more than 3/4". Any suggestions on better way to cut the perimeter?

They rent jam saws at Home Depot. It cuts perfectly flush with the wall. Looks kinda like a skill saw.

Comment

Good old hand saw.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
        Good old hand saw.
        200’ linear feet is about 199’ linear feet more than I want to cut with a handsaw haha

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
          They rent jam saws at Home Depot. It cuts perfectly flush with the wall. Looks kinda like a skill saw.
          Will have to look at using one of those, the subfloor is stainless C Chanel so was hoping to find something I could set the plunge depth on but that might not be an option.

Comment

chainsaw...

Comment

Sorry just saw its only 3/4 inch cut

Comment

If you can use a jam saw. I have a Crain jamsaw I will sell for $100.
                It was only used once and has a expensive diamond blade on it.
                Comes in a heavy duty carrying case. These are new over $300.

Comment

One similar to this and a pack of diablo blades. I use one on my Dewalt sawzall to flush cut just about whatever I can.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Silly question, but is this a load bearing deck? Will you jeopardize the integrity of the walls by cutting this “slab”?

Comment

Just cut the floor of a moblie home flush with the walls using a sawzall with 12" blade the blade would bend enough to cut along the bottom plate of the wall.

Comment

Dewalt oscillating saw. Handy little tool. They sell metal and wood blades.

Comment

Could you make multiple passes with a toe cut saw?

Comment

Jamb saw is what you need for that long a cut.

Comment

Working...
                            X