Bow Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
    Yea it’s a Bowtech Captain and I have to believe a new Mathews would be significantly faster, quieter and overall higher quality.... I am going to start looking, will most shops let you try them out first???
    I don't know of any shop that doesn't let you try them out first and if they don't, go somewhere else :-)

Coming from a 10 year old bow to a new one you will be amazed at the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
      Yea it’s a Bowtech Captain and I have to believe a new Mathews would be significantly faster, quieter and overall higher quality.... I am going to start looking, will most shops let you try them out first???
      David, that Bowtech Captain was a really good bow and it served me very well for a couple of years, then I got the itch to upgrade for a bit more speed. I bought a used PSE EVO off of here and I've shot it ever since.
      I started getting the itch again awhile back, and I'm switching back to a Bowtech; just bought a very nice 2018 Bowtech Realm X off of Archery Talk. I can't wait to get it set up. The EVO will become my backup bow.

Comment

If you're bow is over 10 years old then yes, you'll see a difference. My bow is 7 years old and i can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger ( but I'm getting close). In the last 10 years there have been big changes in technology. In the last 5 or so....not much. Also, if you like your bow you might wanna think about new accessories.

Comment

My bow is ancient. Inherited from a friend and had just had it re-strung. I enjoy shooting it and have had success with it. I’ve been told that learning on an older bow makes you develop important skills. And that once switching to a newer bow you will bring a level of competency that you wouldn’t have developed otherwise, making you so much better. Hope it’s true.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDan View Post
            My bow is ancient. Inherited from a friend and had just had it re-strung. I enjoy shooting it and have had success with it. I’ve been told that learning on an older bow makes you develop important skills. And that once switching to a newer bow you will bring a level of competency that you wouldn’t have developed otherwise, making you so much better. Hope it’s true.
            If your bow is ancient then mine is a relic lol. I’m still shooting my CSS System 1P manufactured in 1996 with the old Beman Hunter carbon arrows. It keeps killing stuff so why change.

Comment

If you're bow is over 10 years old then yes, you'll see a difference.

Comment

You will notice a difference in 3 a bow bought 3 years ago.

10 years ago vs any brand now, you will chuckle when you shoot it.

Comment

Just bought a '19 Ritual 35 to "upgrade" from my 07 Synergy. Same speeds, Synergy a touch faster at IBO, 340fps vs 336fps, ATA is a tad longer on Ritual, both bows are as vibration free as can be, both are very quiet as well, but the grip on the new Elite bows sold me on the first handling and shot. I've shot my Synergy well but never could get a consistent grip feel on it which frustrated me. Had to shoot with a slick glove to keep from torquing the bow accidentally. I've contacted several grip manufacturers and nobody builds a one piece grip for that model so it was time to move on from it. Otherwise, for a 12 yr old bow, it still gets the job done just as well as a new flagship bow from the other 3 top bow companies.

Comment

Working...
                  X