What animals are considered livestock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
    You do not need a license or a tag to kill an exotic but in the state of Texas you do need a hunting license to be in the woods with a gun. I guess that it is because it is hard to prove if you are hunting or not and hard to prove what you are hunting for. I have a high fence place and carry a lifetime so I don't have an issue.
    Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
    Those documents are talking about MLD tags for whitetail and Mule and have nothing to do with exotic game.
    Attached Files

Comment

Those documents are talking about MLD tags for whitetail and Mule and have nothing to do with exotic game.
      I hope Antlers cleared the record enough for you.

Comment

I hope Antlers cleared the record enough for you.
        It's funny, I think I said that you have to have a license in the state of texas to be in the woods with a gun. Since I own a high fence ranch and a taxidermy shop I also know very well that you do not have to show a license or tag to have exotic game processed.

Comment

So is everything all cleared up now? LOL

Comment

It's funny, I think I said that you have to have a license in the state of texas to be in the woods with a gun. Since I own a high fence ranch and a taxidermy shop I also know very well that you do not have to show a license or tag to have exotic game processed.
            You do not need a license or a tag to kill an exotic .
            Hate to inform you but this is actually what you said. The discussion had nothing to do with processed game.

Comment

You do not need a license or a tag to kill an exotic .
              Hate to inform you but this is actually what you said. The discussion had nothing to do with processed game.
              6 of one half dozen of the other. If you needed a license to kill exotic game you would have to show it when turning the game in at the processor. Since the state of texas doesn't own the game they can't require a license to kill them. But like I said you do have to have a license to hunt them because you are in the woods with a gun.

Comment

6 of one half dozen of the other. If you needed a license to kill exotic game you would have to show it when turning the game in at the processor. Since the state of texas doesn't own the game they can't require a license to kill them. But like I said you do have to have a license to hunt them because you are in the woods with a gun.
                Huh?

Comment

So, if I was to carry my 7mag to the field, hunt a Wagyu steer, dump some sweet feed into a trough, and wait for him to show up to eat, then ten ring him behind the shoulder, I don’t need a license?

Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter dan View Post
                    6 of one half dozen of the other. If you needed a license to kill exotic game you would have to show it when turning the game in at the processor. Since the state of texas doesn't own the game they can't require a license to kill them. But like i said you do have to have a license to hunt them because you are in the woods with a gun.
                    smh

Comment

It’s pretty clear to most of us, and most game wardens, what the difference is between hunting exotic game and slaughtering livestock... If you hunt exotics, you need a license. It’s not a new law.

Comment

So if you hunt them in an urban area you don't need a license?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                          So if you hunt them in an urban area you don't need a license?
                          Well that would be entertaining. But what if I penned a bunch of my game and put them down with a bolt pistol for my own reasons, would the game warden ask for my hunting license. This is why I don't understand governor Abbott taking away the need for a license to hunt hogs. If a game warden catches you hunting without a license you are in trouble.

Comment

So to sum up exotics are livestock and labeled livestock exotics.
                            You need a license to hunt one unless you own them then you do not need a license. The State requires a license but has nothing to do with them.

So they are not livestock but they are not game animals. The State does not own them.

So it's not poaching when someone illegally shoots one. So what is it just theft?

From Wiki
                            "Poaching has been defined as the illegal hunting or capturing of wild animals, usually associated with land use rights. ... Stealing livestock as in cattle raiding classifies as theft, not as poaching."

Comment

What animals are considered livestock?

Well that would be entertaining. But what if I penned a bunch of my game and put them down with a bolt pistol for my own reasons, would the game warden ask for my hunting license. This is why I don't understand governor Abbott taking away the need for a license to hunt hogs. If a game warden catches you hunting without a license you are in trouble.

I’m confused on this but have another hypothetical, if an exotic escapes a high fence property and then roams around the outskirts of an urban area, is it poaching if someone in a neighborhood shot it when it got just far enough away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                                I’m confused on this but have another hypothetical, if an exotic escapes a high fence property and then roams around the outskirts of an urban area, is it poaching if someone in a neighborhood shot it when it got just far enough away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Actually if it is conspicuously tagged (or something like that) you're not supposed to shoot it. That being said, most people who realize this would remove said tag before taking LDPs. The really smart ones would not post on social media. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X