Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scent free wash & evercalm.

Comment

Washing all my clothes in some scentaway today, but I don’t go overboard with it. Heck, a lot of times I end up just wearing regular clothes if I’m in a blind. More scent cautions when I’m hunting East Texas vs West.

Comment

[QUOTE=Briar Friar;15122305]True and is a good cover scent...but IMO...smoke puts the animals on alert if there isnt an actual fire upwind.[/QUOT

I disagree, but we may both be right to some extent. Fire/smoke in a lot of places is a natural scent, farmers/ranchers burn trash, burn brush which has been cleared for grazing, etc.

Comment

I just wear jeans and whatever comfortable hunting shirt I pick out of the closet. In my popup they can't see me and the wind doesn't bust me. I do wear a camo buff though.

Comment

Smoke.

Comment

No such thing as scent Free

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Will smell you if they get close enough even if your clothes are all scent free with all that junk. Only thing I can think of that might work or mask your smell is a camp fire

Comment

No matter what you do, as soon as you get out of a shower using anything to eliminate odor, your body starts producing odor causing bacteria, a proven scientific fact. Best is to do what you think will work and PLAY THE WIND. Hard to fool a deer's nose, but just maybe, maybe you can confuse him long enough to get a shot or for them to get out of the scent zone.

Comment

If the wind is right, it doesn't matter what you do. If the wind is wrong, it doesn't matter what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                      I wash mine in scent free detergent then put them all in a tub with a ozone machine. Lid goes on and machine turned on.
                      That's my routine, as well. I wash up with a scent free wipe and put on my hunting gear right before I go to the stand. You likely can't completely rid yourself of odor, but lesser is better. Between that and playing the wind, it certainly helps your odds of not alarming the deer.

cricman

Comment

Working...
                      X