No announcement yet.

Jesus is God ... or is He?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother is a priest and I think explains this pretty well. Mainly its a mystery.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAk5zDZlg2s"]The Trinity in 90 Seconds - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      I'm not actually trying to engage anything .
      Fair enough. If you'd ever like to.......

Comment

The Trinity can also be simplified just like the different forms of water.
        Solid form = ice
        Liquid form = liquid water
        Gas form = steam
        It’s all water, just in different forms

Jesus was God in the flesh fully God & fully man
        All three forms of the Trinity are God that’s why God is the first name of each
        God the “father”
        God the “Son”
        God the “Holy Spirit”

Comment

On day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD. He is The Way, and The Truth and The Life and no one goes to the Father except through HIM. Thus all other ways are man's ways of trying to reach the Father. But the Father stepped down to earth in the form of Jesus Christ to be the perfect sacrifice for our sins because on one can remove one single sin.

He is the Alpha and Omega. He is part of the Godhead of the one and only creator. He is now a religion, but a relationship. Until one is in a relationship with Him, they are often blinded by the worlds twisted views that are caused by Satan.

Comment

Yes, Jesus is God.

Some people think of the Trinity as separate individual beings. Like 1 + 1 + 1 = 3. But I think a better way think of the Trinity is 1 x 1 x 1 = 1. Three but the same. I dunno. Helps me wrap my mind around it. I don't think we will ever fully grasp the Trinity this side of eternity.

Comment

Amen!

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
              Jesus is image of the invisible God. It's the only image you will see as God is a spirit. Without a body to see him, you never would. God gave himself a name. That name is Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Tracy I would have ended up on the wrong side of that poll and I’m very much a believer but I also think of Jesus as the son of God.

It looks like you’re saying that you are a believer but you believe that Jesus is the son of God and not God.

Typically, when I hear people say they are a “believer” I think they mean they are a Christian. To be a Christian means that you believe that Jesus is God. Even if you just believe the Old Testament you will see that they are awaiting someone that will fulfill prophecies and will be a Savior.

I believe that the Old Testament is pointing to Jesus constantly. The New Testament shows that Jesus is 100% God and 100% man and He fulfills the prophecies that were in the Old Testament.

God came to Earth as a man and died a brutal death for us. He could have stopped it at any time and not have gone through the embarrassment and pain. He died so that the wages of our sin can be paid by His death and not our own. He didn’t just die though. He came back to life because He is God. He conquered death. If we believe that Jesus is God we can have everlasting life through Him.

If you consider yourself a believer but don’t believe Jesus is God, please read Mark or Luke and ask yourself if you are saved. We will all die but not all of us will receive forgiveness of our sins. Believing that Jesus is God and that he died to pay for our sins and rose again is the only way to have your sins forgiven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All these words and you said it in your post. "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate that leads to destruction, and MANY are those who enter by it". There will be more than 52% that follow the path to destruction. Why do we continue to continue to to discount scripture and ignore the truth?

Comment

Yes, I believe in God.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky333 View Post
                      It looks like you’re saying that you are a believer but you believe that Jesus is the son of God and not God.

Typically, when I hear people say they are a “believer” I think they mean they are a Christian. To be a Christian means that you believe that Jesus is God. Even if you just believe the Old Testament you will see that they are awaiting someone that will fulfill prophecies and will be a Savior.

I believe that the Old Testament is pointing to Jesus constantly. The New Testament shows that Jesus is 100% God and 100% man and He fulfills the prophecies that were in the Old Testament.

God came to Earth as a man and died a brutal death for us. He could have stopped it at any time and not have gone through the embarrassment and pain. He died so that the wages of our sin can be paid by His death and not our own. He didn’t just die though. He came back to life because He is God. He conquered death. If we believe that Jesus is God we can have everlasting life through Him.

If you consider yourself a believer but don’t believe Jesus is God, please read Mark or Luke and ask yourself if you are saved. We will all die but not all of us will receive forgiveness of our sins. Believing that Jesus is God and that he died to pay for our sins and rose again is the only way to have your sins forgiven.

I’m admittedly not studied in the Bible, I have spent some time in church and Sunday School so I’m obviously missing some details.

I know Jesus is our savior and fully believe that but it was my understanding that Jesus was the son of God, Jesus died on the cross and then was resurrected.

I’m not arguing, actually asking for correction if I’m off.

Comment

And all these years I thought that Jesus was the son of God.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          I’m admittedly not studied in the Bible, I have spent some time in church and Sunday School so I’m obviously missing some details.

I know Jesus is our savior and fully believe that but it was my understanding that Jesus was the son of God, Jesus died on the cross and then was resurrected.

I’m not arguing, actually asking for correction if I’m off.

I’m not trying to argue either. I’m just trying to make the point that this is very important stuff. This is the most important thing in life. If what the Bible says is true then this decides if we spend an eternity in heaven or hell. I’d recommend to read Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. See what they say then decide what you think based off of that.

I used to think I was a Christian but never read the Bible and couldn’t tell you what it meant to be saved. I later found out what it was and truly became saved.

Many people think that we can get to heaven if we are “good people” and the good things we do outweigh the bad. The Bible says that we are bad people and one sin is enough to send us to hell. Read some of the Bible and see if you can find out for yourself if Jesus is God. Forgiveness of sins is a free gift. We just have to accept it.

Comment

Jesus is the son of God but part of the trinity. Jesus, God the Father and the Holy Spirit are all God in one. 3 parts of the same God. It sounds strange but it is true.

Comment

He is the King of Kings
                              The Great I Am

Comment

John 14:10-12 KJV
                                [10] Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. [11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. [12] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
                                Covers all questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X